SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Technical support around SpellForce 2

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Bapt890

Re: SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Post by Bapt890 »

Thanks for this wondeful tool ! I wanted to run Shadow Wars on a potato PC and it now works thanks to this !
Chorusek

Post by Chorusek »

I have installed patch When i click play on steam or launch from folder nothing happens.
Configured nvidia settings to use high performance gpu but still nothing.
It runs if i change resolution manually to 1050x1680 but that's not what i was hoping for
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Chorusek wrote: Thu 14. Mar 2024, 15:58 I have installed patch When i click play on steam or launch from folder nothing happens.
Configured nvidia settings to use high performance gpu but still nothing.
It runs if i change resolution manually to 1050x1680 but that's not what i was hoping for
What version of the game are you using? Also are you sure your write permissions are set?
Can you post the log of the Hardware Patch please?

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
spellforce2

Post by spellforce2 »

Hi NeoX,

I have a Spellforce SW installation that refuses to work. I have an original installation disk (not Steam), and have downloaded and run version 1.4 of the patch installer, assuming I don't need to install earlier versions.

When I first ran the patch installer, an error told me I was missing the SpellForce2 folder in My Documents, so I created one. The installer then ran successfully, but this has not resolved the fact that the patch simply does not work for me. I have tried other fixes listed in this thread, but none have worked.

I have Windows 10 with a GeForce 2070 Super GPU. I have installed SpellForce 2 to my D: drive.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
spellforce2 wrote: Sat 27. Apr 2024, 12:55 Hi NeoX,

I have a Spellforce SW installation that refuses to work. I have an original installation disk (not Steam), and have downloaded and run version 1.4 of the patch installer, assuming I don't need to install earlier versions.

When I first ran the patch installer, an error told me I was missing the SpellForce2 folder in My Documents, so I created one. The installer then ran successfully, but this has not resolved the fact that the patch simply does not work for me. I have tried other fixes listed in this thread, but none have worked.

I have Windows 10 with a GeForce 2070 Super GPU. I have installed SpellForce 2 to my D: drive.
could you please post me the full installation log of the hardware patch? (activate extanded log -> see manual).
Also what version is your SpellForce 2 Shadow Wars? Did you patch it already to 1.02?

Also do you still have Starforce copyprotection active?
You need to update that DRM: https://www.spellforce.info/tab_downloa ... hp?lang=EN

Please keep me updated on the matter.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki

Return to “SpellForce 2 - Technical Support”