SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

LordH

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by LordH »

Quality updates right here! Rendering and quality overall seems much better, but more importantly.. settings no longer crash the game now!! Superb stuff guys, your work is very much appreciated! :rock:
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

LordH wrote: Thu 9. Feb 2023, 18:32 Quality updates right here! Rendering and quality overall seems much better, but more importantly.. settings no longer crash the game now!! Superb stuff guys, your work is very much appreciated! :rock:
Happy you like it :-)

One little question: Do you start the game directly via the mod-exe or just the patched game exe?
I am asking because the high native resolution (your desktop resolution) only comes with a start obver the mod-exe.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
LordH

Post by LordH »

Always start with the SpellForce HR mod shortcut, seems to be running fine as it matches my 1440p monitor, now fully using the screen!
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

LordH wrote: Thu 9. Feb 2023, 20:30 Always start with the SpellForce HR mod shortcut, seems to be running fine as it matches my 1440p monitor, now fully using the screen!
Awesome! Thats the feedback i was looking for!
Trust me it was a pain beating fullscreen rendering into windows without having to overrender the taskbar ^^.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
powergod

Post by powergod »

Maybe I'm missing something, but, how can I play at 4:3 ?

I have this in my "config.lua":
WindowHeight = 1080,
WindowWidth = 1440,

Do I have to change something also in the file "dgVoodoo.conf" ?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

powergod wrote: Fri 17. Feb 2023, 21:04 Maybe I'm missing something, but, how can I play at 4:3 ?

I have this in my "config.lua":
WindowHeight = 1080,
WindowWidth = 1440,

Do I have to change something also in the file "dgVoodoo.conf" ?
hi,

You don't need to change anything in the config, the Mod-Exe takes care of everything for you. The Mod-exe works that way, that it will always apply your currently used desktop resolution. So if you want to play classical 4:3 just set your windows desktop resolution to that you want have applied.

Image Image
- - -
powergod

Post by powergod »

Thanks, I added the resolution to the Nvidia settings and played a bit, but I don't like very much having to change the resolution every time I want to play :(

Anyway it's the first time I can actually see the game with so many details.

It worked fine except for two issues:

1) Healthbar missings (as noted in the README)

2) The screen wasn't scrolling left and right with the mouse on the edges, I had to use arrow keys for that.
Up and down was working correctly.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

powergod wrote: Fri 17. Feb 2023, 22:07 Thanks, I added the resolution to the Nvidia settings and played a bit, but I don't like very much having to change the resolution every time I want to play :(

Anyway it's the first time I can actually see the game with so many details.

It worked fine except for two issues:

1) Healthbar missings (as noted in the README)

2) The screen wasn't scrolling left and right with the mouse on the edges, I had to use arrow keys for that.
Up and down was working correctly.
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

Maybe i can add an option to force a certain resolution to the game that is asynchron to the native desktop one of the user.
Lets collect some more feedback and demand on this, since mostly all people want their 16:9 HD-UHD monitors fully used and running the game on (the reason of the mod).

The missing health bars are only on the charcaters previews. When you select them you can see them just fine. The issue behind that are the coordinates the game renders them on. After a certain resolution the game overrenders the healthbar with the manabar in the profile. Hope fully i will find a way in the future to fix that by findign these render coordinates.

The left and Right scrolling is something that does not happen with everyone and is hard to figgure out whats causing it. Sometimes i have the feeling its multimonitor or blind area related.

i personaly experience the left and right move issue never, thanks to my personal preferences, to move the screen by holding down the mouse wheel ^^.

Well lets see what other feedback comes for the workload of the next version.

Thank again for the feedback!

Image Image
- - -
powergod

Post by powergod »

I noted another thing, but only when choosing answers to conversations, the hot spot of the mouse cursors wasn't on the "finger" but more near the "arm".

At the beginning the dialog window closed for two times after I clicked on the answer, and then I realized that i was actually clicking on "Exit".

On the other elements the pointer seems working right to me.

About the widescreen resolution, I'm one of THOSE people that can't stand in front of stretched things, so I prefer to stay on the original ratio.
PaladinNO

Post by PaladinNO »

Just wanted to pop in here too to say thanks!

https://www.gog.com/forum/spellforce_se ... _fix/page1

Attaching a screenshot of the mod in 7680x1440 resolution.
As I mentioned over on the GoG forums, this is why I wanted to zoom the camera out more. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”