SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

NeoX
Administrator

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

PaladinNO wrote: Sat 18. Feb 2023, 10:01 Just wanted to pop in here too to say thanks!

https://www.gog.com/forum/spellforce_se ... _fix/page1

Attaching a screenshot of the mod in 7680x1440 resolution.
As I mentioned over on the GoG forums, this is why I wanted to zoom the camera out more. :D
hi,

thanks for the feedback!
Well at least we can see its correctly natively rendering it^^, but the zoom can be adjusted by console commands.
The issue is like already said, how i can dynamicly inject them into the game based on the applied resolution.
One other issue with ultrawide+ (i recreated it with eyefinity (3 monitors connected to one single desktop), is the UI. We could easily edit the graphic files to be fitting, but the hitboxes are an issue and stretched a lot. Thats something we need to figgure out a way.

Who knows when we managed to solve all that, we could also try to rework the textures to make them more HD-UHD friendly, at least based on how far the old engoine and its memory range is allowing to.

Update:
I did test it now and even if we solve the issue with the camera, there are other issues that come with it.
The render issues. The further the camera is off the ground the lower the textures get (object distance) and units start to vanish our of the render circle.) I have the Feeling 32:9 is the max widescreen the engine will handle.

Greetings: NeoX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
PaladinNO

Post by PaladinNO »

NeoX wrote: Sat 18. Feb 2023, 10:55 thanks for the feedback!
Well at least we can see its correctly natively rendering it^^, but the zoom can be adjusted by console commands.

One other issue with ultrawide+ (i recreated it with eyefinity (3 monitors connected to one single desktop), is the UI. We could easily edit the graphic files to be fitting, but the hitboxes are an issue and stretched a lot. Thats something we need to figgure out a way.

The render issues. The further the camera is off the ground the lower the textures get (object distance) and units start to vanish our of the render circle.) I have the Feeling 32:9 is the max widescreen the engine will handle.
What are console commands for the camera zoom?
If I can zoom out I'll try playing around with it. :)

Yeah, I can see the rendering distance being a problem. On large maps, that is already an issue even with the stock game when playing in 3rd person.
And if the max viewing / rendering distance cannot be changed in the engine, I suspect that is a lost cause.

Eyefinity is AMDs solution to my own Nvidia Surround setup. Glad to see the game can handle both Nvidias and AMDs solutions on a driver level. :)
To be fair, and as you point out, 32:9 is by far more "normal" than 48:9, and it makes no finacial sense for any developer to give extra consideration to the extreme resolutions only a handful of people play at.

I'm outright shocked SpellForce could run at my resolution at all! I am usually only playing any game at 2560x1440 and in windowed mode on a single monitor.

P.s.
The more important question here is why are you building Orc Firestarters in The Rift. The Demons are immune to fire damage. xD
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

PaladinNO wrote: Sat 18. Feb 2023, 18:32
NeoX wrote: Sat 18. Feb 2023, 10:55 thanks for the feedback!

What are console commands for the camera zoom?
If I can zoom out I'll try playing around with it. :)

Yeah, I can see the rendering distance being a problem. On large maps, that is already an issue even with the stock game when playing in 3rd person.
And if the max viewing / rendering distance cannot be changed in the engine, I suspect that is a lost cause.

Eyefinity is AMDs solution to my own Nvidia Surround setup. Glad to see the game can handle both Nvidias and AMDs solutions on a driver level. :)
To be fair, and as you point out, 32:9 is by far more "normal" than 48:9, and it makes no finacial sense for any developer to give extra consideration to the extreme resolutions only a handful of people play at.

I'm outright shocked SpellForce could run at my resolution at all! I am usually only playing any game at 2560x1440 and in windowed mode on a single monitor.

P.s.
The more important question here is why are you building Orc Firestarters in The Rift. The Demons are immune to fire damage. xD
hi,

The engine does allow scaling, but you have to "talk to the engine" quite aggressively to make it happen. Thats why this mod-exe ;-).
One big benefit is that it allows that way to also use other mods in combination and does not create any conflicts.

You can find a list of all commands here:
viewtopic.php?p=169#p169 or here: https://wiki.spellforce.info/index.php? ... e_Commands
Look for the Gamemode command for the camera.
The Firestarters are there for the snakes that spawn too there.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
Unrealmaster

Post by Unrealmaster »

NeoX wrote: Tue 10. Jan 2023, 17:23 SpellForce Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod [1.6]
This is a non-profit community fan project. All content of this “SpellForce High Resolution Mod” is created by normal SpellForce users and fans without breaking the copyright or damaging the original publisher of SpellForce. This mod was created by Made by NeoX as part of the IT-Husky Group with technolegy of DGVoodoo2.
© 2003-2023 THQ Nordic GmbH; THQ Nordic GmbH, SpellForce Series and SpellForce Platinum Edition is a wholly owned publishing subsidiary of THQ Nordic AB. The THQ Nordic logo and the THQ Nordic symbol are registered trademarks or trademarks of THQ Nordic AB. All rights reserved.

!This Mod was only developed for the Version 1.54 of SpellForce Platinum Edition!

What is the High Resolution Mod?

What ratios are supported?
You will have no issues playing in the classic 4:3 and even 16:10 or 16:9 depending on your natively used resolution of your screen.

How does the Mod work?
The mod is an own Game-Exe that overloads the native vanilla game exe of SpellForce without changing it, then starts the game in a sort of "windowed mode" but expands it in size and position to work and look like a fullscreen mode/game.

What version of SpellForce Platinum is supported?

Do i have to do anything special to use this mod?

Is this mod compatible with other mods for SpellForce?

Will it fix the missing healthbars ingame on modern GPU's?

Known issues of version 1.6:

Changelog 1.5 -> 1.6

Made by NeoX/IT-Huskys
Truly one of the most needed and awesome mods we do offer here. Maybe also mirror it with a german translation for the german part of the forum?
I'm all in favor of the democratic principle that one idiot is as good as one genius, but I draw the line when someone takes the next step and concludes that two idiots are better than one genius.

Leo Szilard
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Unrealmaster wrote: Fri 24. Feb 2023, 12:07
NeoX wrote: Tue 10. Jan 2023, 17:23 SpellForce Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod [1.6]
This is a non-profit community fan project. All content of this “SpellForce High Resolution Mod” is created by normal SpellForce users and fans without breaking the copyright or damaging the original publisher of SpellForce. This mod was created by Made by NeoX as part of the IT-Husky Group with technolegy of DGVoodoo2.
© 2003-2023 THQ Nordic GmbH; THQ Nordic GmbH, SpellForce Series and SpellForce Platinum Edition is a wholly owned publishing subsidiary of THQ Nordic AB. The THQ Nordic logo and the THQ Nordic symbol are registered trademarks or trademarks of THQ Nordic AB. All rights reserved.

!This Mod was only developed for the Version 1.54 of SpellForce Platinum Edition!

What is the High Resolution Mod?

What ratios are supported?
You will have no issues playing in the classic 4:3 and even 16:10 or 16:9 depending on your natively used resolution of your screen.

How does the Mod work?
The mod is an own Game-Exe that overloads the native vanilla game exe of SpellForce without changing it, then starts the game in a sort of "windowed mode" but expands it in size and position to work and look like a fullscreen mode/game.

What version of SpellForce Platinum is supported?

Do i have to do anything special to use this mod?

Is this mod compatible with other mods for SpellForce?

Will it fix the missing healthbars ingame on modern GPU's?

Known issues of version 1.6:

Changelog 1.5 -> 1.6

Made by NeoX/IT-Huskys
Truly one of the most needed and awesome mods we do offer here. Maybe also mirror it with a german translation for the german part of the forum?
Most important downloads and changelog should be already mirrored over there.
Image Image
- - -
Iron Venom

Post by Iron Venom »

Hey there how do I get the mod installation to find my spellforce install file it is only showing my desktop folders have enabled admin permission still isnt working please help thanks.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 15:07 Hey there how do I get the mod installation to find my spellforce install file it is only showing my desktop folders have enabled admin permission still isnt working please help thanks.
hi,

simply set the path to your game by clicking on the folders to go down a level until you have your games installation folder. Make sure the setup is not blocked by anything or is missing permissions. What OS are you using btw?
Example in the attachments.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
- - -
Iron Venom

Post by Iron Venom »

NeoX wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 16:28
Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 15:07 Hey there how do I get the mod installation to find my spellforce install file it is only showing my desktop folders have enabled admin permission still isnt working please help thanks.
hi,

simply set the path to your game by clicking on the folders to go down a level until you have your games installation folder. Make sure the setup is not blocked by anything or is missing permissions. What OS are you using btw?

I am using Windows 11. As you can see in the attachments I have put in all I can see is desktop and games no other options. I may be missing something new to Windows 11. Also full admin permissions. Thanks for replying quickly.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:04
hi,

I am using Windows 11. As you can see in the attachments I have put in all I can see is desktop and games no other options. I may be missing something new to Windows 11. Also full admin permissions. Thanks for replying quickly.
Hi,

hm.. i smell like there was an update in the Background of Windows 11 that killed off .net 2.0 compatibility.
Here i have compiled for you a .net 4.8 based Setup with Windows 11 target. Works fine on my end (see attachment).

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Image Image
- - -
Iron Venom

Post by Iron Venom »

NeoX wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:59
Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:04

hi,

Hi,

hm.. i smell like there was an update in the Background of Windows 11 that killed off .net 2.0 compatibility.
Here i have compiled for you a .net 4.8 based Setup with Windows 11 target. Works fine on my end (see attachment).

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Hey the same problem can still only see the same 2 folders.
Many thanks Iron Venom

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”