How to combine all 3 games to one and unlock all factions

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce 3

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Wormic

How to combine all 3 games to one and unlock all factions

Post by Wormic »

Since :Grimlore: does not manage to provide the same functionality of all SpellForce 3 games (Burning Blood, Soul Harvest and Fallen God), the community offers now an own solution to get all 3 games combined into one and have all factions also unlocked at all times and modes.

How to combine all SpellForce 3 games to one and unlock all factions on GOG

1. Install all three games. The example install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\SpellForce 3 - Reforced\" but yours could be different.

2. Copy first expansion "SpellForce 3 - Soul Harvest\bin_addons_win32\EXP1_Campaign" folder into the base game ("SpellForce 3 - Reforced\bin_addons_win32\EXP1_Campaign"). Then do the same for DLC_Bavaria folder. You can also copy EXP1_KOR if you want Korean language.

3. Copy second expansion "SpellForce 3 - Fallen God\bin_addons_win32\EXP2_Campaign" folder into the base game ("SpellForce 3 - Reforced\bin_addons_win32\EXP2_Campaign"). You can also copy EXP2_KOR if you want Korean language.

4. After this your "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\SpellForce 3 - Reforced\bin_addons_win32" folder should contain these subfolders: DLC_Bavaria, DLC_DDE, EXP1_Campaign, EXP2_Campaign, SF3_Campaign, SF3_KOR (and optionally EXP1_KOR and EXP2_KOR).

5. Rename file "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\SpellForce 3 - Reforced\wrapper\thqnocfg.dat" into "thqnocfg.dat_old" (this is for backup, we will override this file in the next step). If something goes wrong then delete the patched file and rename this one back to thqnocfg.dat.

6. Download the patched thqnocfg.dat file from this post and save it in base game's "C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\SpellForce 3 - Reforced\wrapper\" folder.

7. Done! You can now start the base game and enjoy full functionality with both expansions working properly.
thqnocfg.dat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
max784020

Re: How to combine all 3 games to one and unlock all factions

Post by max784020 »

What does this do exactly? Can i play the Burning Blood campaign with other races, and modify my hero as a troll like in fallen gods dlc for example?
Unrealmaster

Post by Unrealmaster »

max784020 wrote: Tue 11. Jul 2023, 07:47 What does this do exactly? Can i play the Burning Blood campaign with other races, and modify my hero as a troll like in fallen gods dlc for example?
Not quite, this is simply a fix to have the games work the same as on steam. What means, in the modes Skirmish and Journey, you no longer need to switch games, just to play different factions or to select other campaigns to start up. You combine all games into one with no need anymore to jump between games. The "main" campaigns stay untouched as they are, but everything else is effected.
I'm all in favor of the democratic principle that one idiot is as good as one genius, but I draw the line when someone takes the next step and concludes that two idiots are better than one genius.

Leo Szilard
max784020

Post by max784020 »

Oh i see, right now i think the game is already like that. Thank you for answering, have a nice one pal.
0z2y

How to combine all 3 games to one and unlock all factions for GoG players

Post by 0z2y »

max784020 wrote: Tue 11. Jul 2023, 20:53 <snip> i think the game is already like that. <snip>.
On Steam, yes, it's like that.
On GoG it's not... unless it gotten an update I'm unaware of because for the last couple years this game is kinda abandonware at GoG. Reason why player extesy over at GoG came up with this fix.
If you wanna know more about SF3 and GoG issues, just read the complaints at GoG game forum.

GoG users not being able to play ALL 3 SF3 games on Reforced like advertised was one of the reasons why I moved to Steam, actually.

Return to “SpellForce 3 - Editor & Modding”