Finished my First Mod and it is now on Steam.

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

DevilripperTJ

Finished my First Mod and it is now on Steam.

Post by DevilripperTJ »

As the title already tells you i finished my first mod i wanted to give the game a different feeling in some kind to get rid of things that personally mde no sence to me like Ice Magic being the strongest type of magic dmg wise aswell as freezing enemies for up to 10 seconds and Earth magic being as useless as it gets after the last few patches came out where it was fixed that physical spells scaled with strength. i changed many spells of the games like making auras last longer or fire and adeath magic are on part as the strongest destructive forms of magic where fire burns faster and not as long and death magic spells can be used very fast after another or have a insane burst potential with drawbacks or longer cast and cooldown times. I also changed arround the cost for Units and their upgrades to remove things like only spamming human marksman and clerics ( i can't be the only one who did that) i never felt the need of having any other unit in the human army besides sometime when i wanted to see cool Fire swords then i made a few paladins who refused to fight and instead buff my Clerics with dexterity. I didn't change Weapon dmg cuz i personally feel they are well balanced overall but i changed the armors and rings to give different stats most armors that look heavy will make you walk slower but increase Stamina more have higher base AC or better str buffs. armors that lookd lighter give you run speed or fighting speed but less or no str anymore. Overall EXP needed was reduced at early stages from about 20% to on higher lvls 10.5% that should fix the need to grind every map ( you can still do it and over lvl but i won't judge on how someone plays the game) The Attribute requirements are all gone for lvling skills technicly i would say it is not immersive but! it makes more fun :D i often wanted to play a kind of cool mage killer assasin to bad the only way to achive that was having insanely high Charisma ( a stat not used at all in a build like that) and tons of int also not really helpfull with dex and Agility both attributes do not increase dmg or hp and still i couldn't lvl up Mind and light combat at the same time. now i can go for enchantment magic light combat daggers and light armors be swift and use mirror images early on and later the Mirage spell but i can only cast once or twice and my mana is empty. so it encourages you to multiclass. also at start you can throw your points in whatever you really want i removed the max Attribute cap and set it to 150. from the start if you want to have 55 Str lvl1 u can have 55str lvl 1:D im happy about every piece of feedback i will get so if some brave Rune warriors play my mod make sure to comment on the steam workshop so i can find it easy.
https://www.moddb.com/games/spellforce- ... e-empowerd <---Manual Download
Steam Download ---> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3026549411

Mod was made for the latest game version on Steam the Beta that made Multiplayer work again. Right now i don't know how i could change the mod to version 1.54 but i will try to find someone who can help me with that task.
Last edited by DevilripperTJ on Mon 28. Aug 2023, 21:19, edited 4 times in total.
0z2y

Re: Finished my First Mod and it is now on Steam.

Post by 0z2y »

Welcome to the Forum. :smile:

And congrats on your first SF mod. :saufen:

Now, if I may give a sugestion/ask a question: have you considered making a non Steam version?
For us, GoG users out there? And maybe other platforms not-Steam? :wink:
DevilripperTJ

Post by DevilripperTJ »

provided a Moddb link now aswell, hope that helps.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
DevilripperTJ wrote: Mon 28. Aug 2023, 21:17 provided a Moddb link now aswell, hope that helps.
if you also could add some preview images here, with a proper mod title and version informations with usage manual for me to pin it in this forum section, i would be also very gratefull :kiss:

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
DevilripperTJ

Post by DevilripperTJ »

I try to make a few screenshots and some kind of change log to shortly point out major changes i made then i will share here some of the pics/ txt file. Currently i have to fix some things i could not locate already ( mainly just txt related stuff like Unit description and so on)
DevilripperTJ

Post by DevilripperTJ »

I updated most weapons now aswell and added some enchantments to some weapons and changed all daggers to attack faster, Bows come in 2 categories fast shooting less dmg and slow shooting lots of dmg with more range ( kind of a sniper bow)

also changed the fighter spells a bit to last longer with a lesser effect and changed some cooldowns.
Archers lost Salvo cuz it was buggy and often didn't work but i added a long time Buff to them instead that boosts accuracy and attackspeed to give them a better Dmg output in general.

hope you guys get some fun out of the stuff i made.

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”