SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Pelle

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by Pelle »

Hey NeoX,

i tried to install the mod to fix my issues with the missing healthbar, but somehow this mod doesn't fix
The high resolution is pretty nice, but healthbars are still missing.
I already tried out both patch options. The second let's me stuck in the intro screen, before i can get into the menu.

I'm kinda overwhelmed with all this stuff. I'm just a clueless user without any knowledge about modding.

May you can help.
Greetings
Pelle
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Pelle wrote: Sun 5. Nov 2023, 16:05 Hey NeoX,

i tried to install the mod to fix my issues with the missing healthbar, but somehow this mod doesn't fix
The high resolution is pretty nice, but healthbars are still missing.
I already tried out both patch options. The second let's me stuck in the intro screen, before i can get into the menu.

I'm kinda overwhelmed with all this stuff. I'm just a clueless user without any knowledge about modding.

May you can help.
Greetings
Pelle
Please read the manual (PDF) if you have questions, also if you have the issue that healthbar is only missing in the unit profile pic, please read this:
viewtopic.php?p=405#p405

!!!ATTENTION!!!
Pelle wrote: Sun 5. Nov 2023, 16:05 ...The second let's me stuck in the intro screen, before i can get into the menu.

This is caused by the current AMD Graphics driver! Please downgrade back to "23.8.2"! There the Vulcan API has no issues to be displayed in Fullscreen mode! This is a Bug in the current AMD driver!

I hope this helps!

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
Pelle

Post by Pelle »

Yes the driver fixed it. Tank You so much!
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi everyone!

Version 1.8 of the SpellForce Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod is out!

Changelog 1.7 -> 1.8

- updated mod visuals

Get it like usual on the 1st thread post!

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
MarkoCRO

Post by MarkoCRO »

IMPORTANT!
Managed to fix missing health bar while playing on 4k.
-download and install mod by Neo - follow instructions for proper install (Thanks NeoX)
-When in game you will notice there are health bar missing when playing. Exit game.
-To fix it use this : steamsplay.com/spellforce-platinum-edition-how-to-fix-the-missing-hp-bars/
Voila, 4k with health bars (and some other things which were missing).

Notes:
-Fix was only using dll file from dgvoodoo2, i actually renamed my dll file to any letter but not V since it was already present in sys folders. I named mine to W3D9 :D
-Only thing wrong is that my screen in game is cut off a little bit at bottom, nothing a big deal since you can see all normally and use all commands. (Cut off is not related to "fix", i had that when i installed 4k mod first)
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
MarkoCRO wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 02:10 IMPORTANT!
Managed to fix missing health bar while playing on 4k.
Yes? All you need is this mod and select the optional healthbar-fix in the setup option.
viewtopic.php?t=62

Result:

4K example:

Just read the manual and the setup part if you are not aware of it.
MarkoCRO wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 02:10 -To fix it use this : steamsplay.com/spellforce-platinum-edition-how-to-fix-the-missing-hp-bars/
Voila, 4k with health bars (and some other things which were missing).
Oh I highly recommend not to use dgvoodoo2. We were using it ourself a while but departed from it for multiple reasons:
  • - performance issues and card limitations
  • - license issues
  • - configuration issues
  • - conflicts with modern cards
That’s why we build our fix based on the Vulcan API. We convert the whole game to Vulcan instead of DX9 and so have full modern hardware support and a natively running game with no issues.
MarkoCRO wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 02:10 -Only thing wrong is that my screen in game is cut off a little bit at bottom, nothing a big deal since you can see all normally and use all commands. (Cut off is not related to "fix", i had that when i installed 4k mod first)
This is also not an issues with our mod here (see 1st post on this thread - viewtopic.php?t=62 ) at the latest version 1.8 (and even earlier versions). Just make sure to run the game via the new mod-starter game exe (see manual) and all the issues you experience are gone.

I somehow do not understand why you would have to do any of the stuff you posted above, when we have the better solution here already for month. Did you truly install any recent version at all of the mod or even looked in the manual for once?

Image Image
- - -
MarkoCRO

Post by MarkoCRO »

Hi NeoX,
yes i read manual and installed your Mod with Vulcan support first absolutely, but i had missing health bar, this thing only worked to show health bars i posted fix above. And of course when mod installing in Vulcan option there was "fix for missing health bars" so that was option to go, but didn't work.
I tried it few times and browsed on this thread for solution but couldn't find it.
And i would go for Vulcan every time rather than dx since i am amd user and for some other reasons i prefer vulcan.

This mod is only way to play proper 4k so i thank you very much.
I will gladly troubleshoot in depth this issue if you want to pinpoint the problem on why Vulcan fix from mod didn't help on my system.
I can join discord or something if would be necessary.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Nitro + 7900XTX
Win10
Some 4k screens

NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
MarkoCRO wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 13:35 Hi NeoX,
yes i read manual and installed your Mod with Vulcan support first absolutely, but i had missing health bar, this thing only worked to show health bars i posted fix above. And of course when mod installing in Vulcan option there was "fix for missing health bars" so that was option to go, but didn't work.
I tried it few times and browsed on this thread for solution but couldn't find it.
And i would go for Vulcan every time rather than dx since i am amd user and for some other reasons i prefer vulcan.

I will gladly troubleshoot in depth this issue if you want to pinpoint the problem on why Vulcan fix from mod didn't help on my system.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Nitro + 7900XTX
Win10
Some 4k screens

Please post/provide me a screenshot of the setup you did and the mods-setups activity log. If this would not work, we need to fix it.
With the log i can see if the fix was actualy correctly applied. You would be the very 1st where this would not work.

Image Image
- - -
MarkoCRO

Post by MarkoCRO »

NeoX wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 14:02 hi,

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Nitro + 7900XTX
Win10
Some 4k screens

Please post/provide me a screenshot of the setup you did and the mods-setups activity log. If this would not work, we need to fix it.
With the log i can see if the fix was actualy correctly applied. You would be the very 1st where this would not work.

Okay i redone all steps now and missed one info which solved all the fuss, i downgraded amd drivers to driver version which is suggested on first page. Sorry :(

"This is caused by the current AMD Graphics driver! Please downgrade back to "23.8.2"! There the Vulcan API has no issues to be displayed in Fullscreen mode! This is a Bug in the current AMD driver!"

Only thing when i was playing there was major lag/stutter. Turning Vsync off solved it.
Also, is there a way to show amd overlay again, it doesn't show now when i start the game, only in dx9 shows. I want to track frame time and other stuff?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
MarkoCRO wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 18:03
NeoX wrote: Sat 6. Jan 2024, 14:02 hi,

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x3d
Nitro + 7900XTX
Win10
Some 4k screens

Okay i redone all steps now and missed one info which solved all the fuss, i downgraded amd drivers to driver version which is suggested on first page. Sorry :(

"This is caused by the current AMD Graphics driver! Please downgrade back to "23.8.2"! There the Vulcan API has no issues to be displayed in Fullscreen mode! This is a Bug in the current AMD driver!"

Only thing when i was playing there was major lag/stutter. Turning Vsync off solved it.
Also, is there a way to show amd overlay again, it doesn't show now when i start the game, only in dx9 shows. I want to track frame time and other stuff?
Thanks for the feedback! Normaly the overlay should work after some time the driver detecting the vulcan game. If it does not, you can also add a custom profile to it in the Adrenaline Center.

Also if you want to know your GPU load and VRAM usage, the SMB can show it to you too (see added tools next to the setup).

Lets hope with the next driver release AMD fixes the vulcan issue and so makes it possible to use latest drivers again for it.

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”