Technical support around SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

NeoX
Administrator

Re: SpellForce Platinum: Error - illegal char AND/OR ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fraphi wrote: Sun 19. Mar 2023, 16:18 Hi NeoX

Ah, I would love to laugh hard if it was Nvidia!

Yes, I encountered the "Error! - No game window found" before and did exactly as you wrote: exit in main menu and restarted the application - error gone :) - and didn't worry me at all.

Now: no luck on my desktop (it's still running SpellForce with the last GOG-Support changes including the widescreen fixed exe). Used my old save.
Nvidia driver 457.51 (international) and stopping Nvidia Display Container LS didn't do anything.

For the laptop I didn't find any newer drivers than Version 25.21.14.2591 (from 2019) (info: dxdiag) -> think that's Version 425.31
-> stopping Nvidia Display Container LS didn't do anything as well.

Should we maybe continue to try something like: german iso + HRmod + windowed mode + just press that "ignore" button and continue playing like that?

I could check, if it is accually possible to continue playing.

It would be the first playable state of the game and if I could find a solution where the resolution would more or less fit the screen (now it cuts off pieces at the bottom and to the right), I think I could live with that.

Greetings
fraphi
Please do ONLY use the iso i gave you in combination with the mod and no old savegames.
We do not know what chageshad been done to that suff of yours.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Yes, sure ;)

Okay, next weekend I will deinstall gog-spellforce and reinstall the german version with your mod on my desktop and try the 457.51 driver again (and after that with stopped NVIDIA Container LS). I will use your savegame, if that's fine with you (it really cuts hours off of the troubleshooting).

By the way: I guess I'm fine with reapplying all those things GOG suggested, like defender-exemption and user-rights to the new install, yes? Of course I won't apply the widescreen fix.

Have a good sunday!
fraphi
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fraphi wrote: Sun 19. Mar 2023, 16:48 Yes, sure ;)

Okay, next weekend I will deinstall gog-spellforce and reinstall the german version with your mod on my desktop and try the 457.51 driver again (and after that with stopped NVIDIA Container LS). I will use your savegame, if that's fine with you (it really cuts hours off of the troubleshooting).

By the way: I guess I'm fine with reapplying all those things GOG suggested, like defender-exemption and user-rights to the new install, yes? Of course I won't apply the widescreen fix.

Have a good sunday!
fraphi
i would like to ask you to go vanilla on this to assure we do not oversee it.
If this goes on, i have the feeling we will end up with a Teamviewer remote support session :-P

Have good rest sunday too!

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Hi NeoX

Didn't work out. Reinstalled Spellforce with your mod and NVIDIA driver on my desktop-pc and got rid of all the GOG-Support changes... New game, old goblin made the game freeze, same error.

The Spellforce log file looks very much the same like the one I sent you when testing with the laptop.

And about your offer with a teamviewer session: I really don't want to do that to you - you already for sure spent enough time on this.

Hope there is some sun to enjoy where you're living. I will be outside catching some sun light :)
fraphi
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fraphi wrote: Sat 25. Mar 2023, 16:34 Hi NeoX

Didn't work out. Reinstalled Spellforce with your mod and NVIDIA driver on my desktop-pc and got rid of all the GOG-Support changes... New game, old goblin made the game freeze, same error.

The Spellforce log file looks very much the same like the one I sent you when testing with the laptop.

And about your offer with a teamviewer session: I really don't want to do that to you - you already for sure spent enough time on this.

Hope there is some sun to enjoy where you're living. I will be outside catching some sun light :)
fraphi
I wouldn't mind a teamviewer support session. This one is bugging me and i want to know the root of this issue.

Just tell me when you would have time and we will find a date to make it happen.

P.S. Its raining like crazy
Image Image
- - -
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

What a pity! (I mean the weather as well)
As much as this mystery is bugging you and even that I'm sure you mean well suggesting a remote session with teamviewer, I'm just not comfortable with it. I'm sure you understand that. If you could write down your ideas on what you had in mind checking or doing, I'll promise to give it a go.
Wishing you a good evening
fraphi

PS: I'm more and more sure the issue will be either "crazy mindblowing" or "tiny stupid".
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
fraphi wrote: Sat 25. Mar 2023, 22:27 What a pity! (I mean the weather as well)
As much as this mystery is bugging you and even that I'm sure you mean well suggesting a remote session with teamviewer, I'm just not comfortable with it. I'm sure you understand that. If you could write down your ideas on what you had in mind checking or doing, I'll promise to give it a go.
Wishing you a good evening
fraphi

PS: I'm more and more sure the issue will be either "crazy mindblowing" or "tiny stupid".
i would have taken look at the system configuration environment and what services are running on the system that may interfer with the game.
It must be something strange since its not only on one system but the otherone as well.
Getting paranoid by now that maybe its even the version of Windows you have installed (Some OEM clusterfuck).

So yeha, would have gone the full system analyses route, but i can understand if you want to draw the line here.
I hope in the future this will get analysed and solved.

Image Image
- - -
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Hey NeoX!

Sorry that I couldn't answer right away. I see. And well, I guess, what you would look at (all and everywhere windows) "is another league" that I might not be able to follow.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and energy!
Sincerly
fraphi
dehaebi

Post by dehaebi »

Hi there!

Same error. I found the crash-data, paste here, perhaps that help?

Thanks for support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
dehaebi wrote: Thu 2. Nov 2023, 18:44 Hi there!

Same error. I found the crash-data, paste here, perhaps that help?

Thanks for support.
i need a lot of more data for that sadly. Could you please post a system-report with the SMB ( http://www.smb.keepfree.de/download.html ) with the following settings?
scan_settings_smb.png
Also i would need to know what version of the game you try to run and connected to what plattform.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Technical Support”