SpellForce Platinum: Error - illegal char AND/OR ACCESS_VIOLATION

Technical support around SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

fraphi

Re: SpellForce Platinum: Error - illegal char AND/OR ACCESS_VIOLATION

Post by fraphi »

Dear NeoX

Deinstalled, manually deleted Spellforce residual game directory and save folder in documents, shutdown and restart of windows, installed in C:/Spellforce, run HR mod install and shortcut (both as admin), started a new game - >

crashed with the same error on the second map...

No crashdump was created because of the "log out" solution to force quit the game. Still I reviewed the log file and found multiple DRW errors at the end of the file. All about missing animations (I've seen them before when I started in december). Do you have such entries as well (like: they are a part of the game?)? And would it make sense to post some/all of the log entries here?

Otherwise I would stop this odyssee and just give some warm thanks for your efforts.
greetings
fraphi
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

fraphi wrote: Wed 15. Mar 2023, 21:06 Dear NeoX

Deinstalled, manually deleted Spellforce residual game directory and save folder in documents, shutdown and restart of windows, installed in C:/Spellforce, run HR mod install and shortcut (both as admin), started a new game - >

crashed with the same error on the second map...

No crashdump was created because of the "log out" solution to force quit the game. Still I reviewed the log file and found multiple DRW errors at the end of the file. All about missing animations (I've seen them before when I started in december). Do you have such entries as well (like: they are a part of the game?)? And would it make sense to post some/all of the log entries here?

Otherwise I would stop this odyssee and just give some warm thanks for your efforts.
greetings
fraphi
hi,

ok something must be triggering it, one question, ewhats the name of your character and savegame you use?
Something must be incomplete in the script.

IDEA: Please post your latest savegame here and let me take a look on it.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Hi NeoX

Feel a little stupid but when I choose the savegame to upload it doesn't allow it because of: "Ungültige Dateierweiterung".

Would it hurt to change the file into a .txt-document?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

fraphi wrote: Fri 17. Mar 2023, 13:09 Hi NeoX

Feel a little stupid but when I choose the savegame to upload it doesn't allow it because of: "Ungültige Dateierweiterung".

Would it hurt to change the file into a .txt-document?
Hi,

please try again now. There was a typo in the allowed attachments. Sry for that :-(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

File attached.
Character name as the file name says: TestHRmod.

By the way, with what program do you read those files? As with .exe files I was always curious, because in a text editor it's just mumbo-jumbo ;)

greetings and a good fast passing afternoon (if at work)!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Ah, yes. I just saw, that this time I accually made it to Eloni (crashed with the second or third goblin scouting party) - which happens like every 5th or 6th time when I start a new game.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

fraphi wrote: Fri 17. Mar 2023, 13:56 Thanks :)

File attached.

By the way, with what program do you read those files? As with .exe files I was always curious, because in a text editor it's just mumbo-jumbo ;)

Hi,

will take a look as soon as i am off work.
I read them out with Visual Studio and Memreader.

Image Image
- - -
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

fraphi wrote: Fri 17. Mar 2023, 13:56 Thanks :)

File attached.

Hi,

so i checked your savegame and well, it works without issues. But what is something that i found interesting, that your issues does not happen on every unit but only specific goblins. Like a missing letter in your windows font database of a special name.

So i would ask of you 2 things:

1. Please use this savegame i attached to this post.
The attached savegame is yours with just the goblin camp cleared. Let me know when it happens again and on what specific unit (name) or even if it happens again.

2. Plaese post a System-Report via the System meeter bar with the shown settings.

To make sure no missing runtimes, antivirus or exotic windows settings are causing it we may overlook, i would need a "System report" with the shown setting of the SMB.

!!! Please do remove your windows username or rename it to something neutral in the final report, for you own privacy sake !!!

The “System-Meeter-Bar” is/was designed to offer a solution for license friendly support and analysis tools who are compact and not related to EULA’s who require licensing for commercial usage. The SMB is a system data collection tool, system overview tool, benchmark and system report tool all in one. You can use it for displaying an overview of your system, finding issues or testing the stability of your system via the built-in benchmark tool, no matter if it’s used on a private system or used in a commercial environment.

If you need more informations about the tool i would like you to use for the data collection, please go here:
http://www.smb.keepfree.de/index.html

I think we are getting close to the issue.

Image Image
- - -
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

WOOOOOWW!

There's nothing more to say: WOW!

To honor your work, I'll guarantee to send you all infos tomorrow.

Weekend. Cheers! :saufen:
fraphi

Post by fraphi »

Hi NeoX

Got an imediate answer from the game:
1) it just crashes right away after loading your savegame when I press the inventory button. When I don't do that, it seems to run fine (could move the troops back to my camp). Did you maybe pick up that item we are suspecting of being responsible?

1a) I'm curious too if your game uses the savefiles like you uploaded it: meaning with _ instead of ~ after the character name?

2) I could try with my old savegame to figure out what goblin it was, but I just remembered that one time it even was crashing with the first ghost in liannon. Maybe I have a better idea:

Does the game choose item drops when loading a creature (map start or spawn) or are they randomly picked by the game whenever a creature dies?

If the fist case was true, I could supply you with a save just directly before I engage that creature and you would know the item.

3) System report with SMB attached as requested.

In a strange way this whole thing is still entertaining. Maybe it's the hidden detective in us? :)

Grüsse
fraphi

Return to “SpellForce - Technical Support”