SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

NeoX
Administrator

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

hi,

i am currently working on the next version of the High resolution Mod. 1.7 will include the following changes:
- new font option for 1080-1440P resolutions
- optional free configurable config file to being able to apply resolutions differently then the native desktop ones
- little fix to better detect game window on starup on slow systems

No ETA on rollout, but i will keep ypu all updated :-)

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Good News everyone!

The development of the next version makes good progress and is very close to be finished!
Only writing a manual to cover the new features is still on the table, but have the changelog in the meantime:

Changelog 1.6 -> 1.7
  • - added configuration option in file form to customise the High-Resolution Mod in functionality
  • - added configuration option in menu form to customise the High-Resolution Mod in functionality
  • - improved performence and rendering functionality
  • - improved game window detection functionality
  • - fixed a bug that could cause no horizontal camera movement by the mouse hitting the game sides left and right
  • - adjusted setup menu options
Check out the previews in the attachment & Stay tuned!

Gerrtings: NeoX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
NeoX
Administrator

SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix 1.7 released!

Post by NeoX »

Hi everyone!

i know i sadly took my sweet time with this update, but the documentation and manual took more time then i was expecting (pretty colorfull pictures :-P).

But now the newest version is live and i say the improvements speak for themself. Please deliver us feedback on the new optional fonts and how the new render api Vulkan is running for you all (optional DX9 healthbar fix - but i should not say DX9 anymore, since its now Vulkan API, if this option is choosen).

You can find the new version as usual on the 1st post of this thread.

Changelog 1.6 -> 1.7
  • - added configuration option in file form to customise the High-Resolution Mod in functionality
  • - added configuration option in menu form to customise the High-Resolution Mod in functionality
  • - improved performence and rendering functionality
  • - improved game window detection functionality
  • - fixed a bug that could cause no horizontal camera movement by the mouse hitting the game sides left and right
  • - adjusted setup menu options
Have fun everyone!

Image Image
- - -
Gelomyrtal

Post by Gelomyrtal »

Hello dear NeoX,

thank you very much for the unbelievable effort that was certainly connected with this mod!
Today I updated from 1.0 to 1.7 and I have to say that the technical advances in terms of the resolution that can be achieved and the movement of the avatar on the map are enormous!! Big cinema.
But:
- Unfortunately, my avatar still has no life bar
- Unfortunately, all workers/soldiers summoned at a monument are not marked with a circle at their feet, so later I can't imagine how to tactically send up to 80 henchmen into battle...
- Unfortunately, all these guys have no life bar, too
Should these features have worked with version 1.7?

I own the following system:
Win10 22H2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT
ASUS Prime B550M-A (wifi)
32GB DDR-4 RAM
What could be the reason of the above mentioned problems?

I am happy about every reply. 1000 thanks!
Best regards
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Gelomyrtal wrote: Sun 21. May 2023, 17:27 Hello dear NeoX,

thank you very much for the unbelievable effort that was certainly connected with this mod!
Today I updated from 1.0 to 1.7 and I have to say that the technical advances in terms of the resolution that can be achieved and the movement of the avatar on the map are enormous!! Big cinema.
But:
- Unfortunately, my avatar still has no life bar
- Unfortunately, all workers/soldiers summoned at a monument are not marked with a circle at their feet, so later I can't imagine how to tactically send up to 80 henchmen into battle...
- Unfortunately, all these guys have no life bar, too
Should these features have worked with version 1.7?

I own the following system:
Win10 22H2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT
ASUS Prime B550M-A (wifi)
32GB DDR-4 RAM
What could be the reason of the above mentioned problems?

I am happy about every reply. 1000 thanks!
Best regards
Did you apply the 1.54 exe conversion fix with the Vulkan api? Its an optional feature that needs to be selected seperately.
apply_dx9_vulkan_render_fix.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
- - -
Gelomyrtal

Post by Gelomyrtal »

Hello,
WOW! Now it's working!
The game plays exactly like before, no, even better!
You're a genius.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for bringing back my absolute game favorite ever!
All the best!
Greets
Iduens

Post by Iduens »

Hi NeoX

I tried running your mod. It works fine without the DX9 Render Fix. But Without the DX9 Render Fix i still have the healthbar issue, which kinda makes it unplayable (atleast for later stages of the game). With the DX9 Render Fix I get the following Error Message.
erreo.PNG
My Specs are the following:

Win 10 Pro 21H2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)
16 GB DDR-4 RAM

Can you help? I would love to play SF1 again and btw the high resolution looks already pretty dope. Probs to you!
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Iduens wrote: Sun 4. Jun 2023, 12:32 Hi NeoX

I tried running your mod. It works fine without the DX9 Render Fix. But Without the DX9 Render Fix i still have the healthbar issue, which kinda makes it unplayable (atleast for later stages of the game). With the DX9 Render Fix I get the following Error Message. erreo.PNG

My Specs are the following:

Win 10 Pro 21H2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)
16 GB DDR-4 RAM

Can you help? I would love to play SF1 again and btw the high resolution looks already pretty dope. Probs to you!
Did you make sure to install the mod (with the DX9 render fix) and start the mod exe directly with admin permissions (rightclick -> run as administartor)?
This looks like something could not be copied or applied to your system.
Please reinstall the latest version and post your installation log here.

Image Image
- - -
Iduens

Post by Iduens »

Yes, i did everything as you wrote.

im not sure if thats the log, you were asking for, but this i think looks like it:

info: Game: SpellForce.exe
info: DXVK: v2.1
info: Built-in extension providers:
info: Win32 WSI
info: OpenVR
info: OpenXR
info: OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
info: OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info: Vulkan: Found vkGetInstanceProcAddr in vulkan-1.dll @ 0x73c73ff0
info: Enabled instance extensions:
info: VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info: VK_KHR_surface
info: VK_KHR_win32_surface
warn: Skipping Vulkan 1.2 adapter: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
warn: DXVK: No adapters found. Please check your device filter settings and Vulkan setup.
info: Process set as DPI aware

Thanks for helping!
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Iduens wrote: Sun 4. Jun 2023, 22:28 Yes, i did everything as you wrote.

im not sure if thats the log, you were asking for, but this i think looks like it:

info: Game: SpellForce.exe
info: DXVK: v2.1
info: Built-in extension providers:
info: Win32 WSI
info: OpenVR
info: OpenXR
info: OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
info: OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info: Vulkan: Found vkGetInstanceProcAddr in vulkan-1.dll @ 0x73c73ff0
info: Enabled instance extensions:
info: VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info: VK_KHR_surface
info: VK_KHR_win32_surface
warn: Skipping Vulkan 1.2 adapter: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
warn: DXVK: No adapters found. Please check your device filter settings and Vulkan setup.
info: Process set as DPI aware

Thanks for helping!
No i mean the log the installer creates when you install the mod with its configuration (the log-text at the right side). You can simply copy 6 paste it out.

But what is starge, is that it seems to skip your GPU for some reason.

Please do the following steps:
  • 1. Reinstall the mod (1.7) with the DX9 render fix with admin permissions in the installation and save the log of it
  • 2. Start & test the new desktop shortcut
  • 3. If it fails post the log here
  • 4. Please make a system-report of your system with the attached "System-Meeter-Bar" and post it here for me to analyse
    SMB_system_report_scan_seetings.png
  • 6. Start & test
  • 7. If it still does not work, please contact me here.
I hope this will fix it and is only a cause of missing driver(s)/updates and lack of permission installations.
So far my researches always show that it is always caused by an outdated GPU driver. Just update your Adrenalin (driver) Edition to 23.X.X or newer.

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”