SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Stoltverd

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by Stoltverd »

Hello!
It seems the latest stable 1.6x version of the game has fixed most of the things this mod fixes... Except the fonts.
Is this mod going to get updated to the latest official version? 1.61.10172 has been stable for almost 3 years now.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Stoltverd wrote: Sat 13. Jan 2024, 20:01 Hello!
It seems the latest stable 1.6x version of the game has fixed most of the things this mod fixes... Except the fonts.
Is this mod going to get updated to the latest official version? 1.61.10172 has been stable for almost 3 years now.
i would not call it stable with many of the issues in campaign events and absolute unstable network/multiplayer functionality.
Also this version you speak of is only on Steam, and needs to connect online and login to steam to play the game.
With the biggest issue that steam from now on can no longer be installed on System with Windows version older then Win10. So Win7 and even legacy XP systems can never have access to any steam game ever again. GoG and good old retail 1.54 and 1.52a are the only option again.
Any GoG player or retail disc user of the game, has no access to the version with no sight of it ever changing.

Next to mods that only exist for 1.54, the working and stable network/multiplayer part of the retail version of SpellForce, make it still the version to go. No wonder the mayority of the playerbase still prefers that version of the game that we maintain running.

Also since 1.6X is still technicly in "beta" since many years, it makes 0 sense to mod for something that can still core change with every update.

Btw. Since you ask for updates to the mod (we are are at 1.8 already) what are you missing for an update to request?

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
y0nuts

Post by y0nuts »

I followed all the installation steps, and when I access the spells and put them to use, as soon as I close the inventory I get this error.

Can you help me with a solution please?

I also used Reimagined Patch 3.0 , smart_mages , ranged_efficiency and extend UI.

Version 1.54 Steam

"Is this mod compatible with other mods for SpellForce?

I followed this when I installed the mods :D
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
y0nuts wrote: Mon 15. Jan 2024, 01:33 I followed all the installation steps, and when I access the spells and put them to use, as soon as I close the inventory I get this error.

Can you help me with a solution please?

I also used Reimagined Patch 3.0 , smart_mages , ranged_efficiency and extend UI.

Version 1.54 Steam

"Is this mod compatible with other mods for SpellForce?

I followed this when I installed the mods :D
If you use the "Healthbar fix" with the vulcan api, you need to remove the "extanded UI" mod. If you do not use that fix, please contact the author of the "Reimagined Patch 3.0". This issue is not related to the High-res mod in any other way.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
y0nuts

Post by y0nuts »

Thanks NeoX, works perfectly now.

Remove one mod and work fine !

Thanks again and have a nice day, I hope in the future to have no more problems.
Stoltverd

Post by Stoltverd »

NeoX wrote: Sat 13. Jan 2024, 20:17 hi,
i would not call it stable with many of the issues in campaign events and absolute unstable network/multiplayer functionality.
Also this version you speak of is only on Steam, and needs to connect online and login to steam to play the game.
With the biggest issue that steam from now on can no longer be installed on System with Windows version older then Win10. So Win7 and even legacy XP systems can never have access to any steam game ever again. GoG and good old retail 1.54 and 1.52a are the only option again.
Any GoG player or retail disc user of the game, has no access to the version with no sight of it ever changing.

Next to mods that only exist for 1.54, the working and stable network/multiplayer part of the retail version of SpellForce, make it still the version to go. No wonder the mayority of the playerbase still prefers that version of the game that we maintain running.

Also since 1.6X is still technicly in "beta" since many years, it makes 0 sense to mod for something that can still core change with every update.

Btw. Since you ask for updates to the mod (we are are at 1.8 already) what are you missing for an update to request?

The bugfixes and features provided by 1.61 and not the mod. But I understand not wanting to support it if it only works on steam.
However, I do update my PC. Will this mod allow me to play the game on windows 11 if I use the old version of SF?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Stoltverd wrote: Wed 24. Jan 2024, 14:22

The bugfixes and features provided by 1.61 and not the mod. But I understand not wanting to support it if it only works on steam.
Well we can not just rip files of the game and place it somewhere else. Such main version updates need to be done by the seller/publisher.
Since the publisher only has provided updates to the steam version so far, adjusting these for other game plattforms, from our community side, would sadly count as cracking the game files and is illigal.
Stoltverd wrote: Wed 24. Jan 2024, 14:22 However, I do update my PC. Will this mod allow me to play the game on windows 11 if I use the old version of SF?
Yes we have tested it and can asure you this mod does support Windows 11 and the game version 1.54 and 1.61 with it.

Here an example of it running with classical 4:3 aspect configuration:
Win_11_SF1_PLAT_HR_MOD_1_8_classic_centered.PNG
You only need to asure the mod can run with the required permissions.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
- - -
Stoltverd

Post by Stoltverd »

NeoX wrote: Wed 24. Jan 2024, 15:34 hi,

Well we can not just rip files of the game and place it somewhere else. Such main version updates need to be done by the seller/publisher.
Since the publisher only has provided updates to the steam version so far, adjusting these for other game plattforms, from our community side, would sadly count as cracking the game files and is illigal.
Stoltverd wrote: Wed 24. Jan 2024, 14:22 However, I do update my PC. Will this mod allow me to play the game on windows 11 if I use the old version of SF?
Yes we have tested it and can asure you this mod does support Windows 11 and the game version 1.54 and 1.61 with it.

I'm so sorry! I'm so confused right now!
You just said the mod works on 1.61? I though it was only for 1.54?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Stoltverd wrote: Mon 29. Jan 2024, 01:44
NeoX wrote: Wed 24. Jan 2024, 15:34 hi,

I'm so sorry! I'm so confused right now!
You just said the mod works on 1.61? I though it was only for 1.54?
Please read the manual PDF. There you can see the mod is part of multiple optional features. The Core Functionality and feature (Native High resolution redering) is an own new game-entry point exe that can be applied to any SF1 game and version. Only its optional features like the "exe-patching" and the "Vulkan API powered Health Bar fix" are only compatible to 1.54.

When applying this mod to 1.61, these optional features shouldy just not be applied to 1.6X (see manual.pdf).

Image Image
- - -
jpt mert20

Spellforce platinum high-res patch mouse pointer error

Post by jpt mert20 »

Hello, I recently installed the patch (version 1.8) because in the vanilla version I had the missing health bar error. But with the patch when I launch the game the mouse arrow isn't pointing as it should (you need to be way higher to select anything) I've read in another thread someone had the same error but couldn't find a solution. I have 1.8 and open as admin the game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”