SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

fourthknower

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by fourthknower »

NeoX wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 10:18 Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 01:46
NeoX wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 09:04 Hi,

Sounds like missing permissions for the mod and not the latest version. Please make sure to use version 1.7 of the mod (the latest one - see 1st thread post here) and start the new desktop shortcut of the mod-exe specificly with admin permission.

Greetings: NeoX
That's the funny part: It is the most recent version of the mod.

As far as I recall, I did start with admin permissions. I at least did the right click and 'run as administrator', pretty sure

Should I delete the current files and reinstall and make sure that it's the right permissions?

UPdate: I did go ahead and delete the Hi res files in my folder and tried a reinstall. But still same issue. Do I need to unisntall the game and reinstall it from scratch?

Something I forgot to mention is that I am using Reimagined. Would that be causing issues?
Please tell me what version of the mod you are using (high resolution). Also the Setup does patch/update it automaticly when applying the latest version.

If you are not sure what mod version you are using and the issues you have, please provide some screenshots.
Related to the "Reimagined" mod, this one known to cause some issues, bccause of some now outdated asi files, see here:
viewtopic.php?t=62&start=69

Keep me updated, and tell me the version of the mod please.

edit: Success! I have managed a screenshot.

I deleted the asi files (including two too many, whoops! restored those) and still have issues. However, I believe I have narrowed it down: the game window is in fact a lot smaller than full screen. So when the mod starts up it goes full screen, but the actual game window is a lot smaller.

So I need to get the game to launch in fullscreen.

Also, in regards to those asi files from Reimagined - deleting them won't cause issues with the mod?

Edit: I will note, the game is not unplayable - it's just a tad awkward with the screen size and changing the resolution in game to force the window and visuals to match. Which is how I figured out the probable issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 16:54
fourthknower wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 01:46

That's the funny part: It is the most recent version of the mod.

As far as I recall, I did start with admin permissions. I at least did the right click and 'run as administrator', pretty sure

Should I delete the current files and reinstall and make sure that it's the right permissions?

UPdate: I did go ahead and delete the Hi res files in my folder and tried a reinstall. But still same issue. Do I need to unisntall the game and reinstall it from scratch?

Something I forgot to mention is that I am using Reimagined. Would that be causing issues?
Please tell me what version of the mod you are using (high resolution). Also the Setup does patch/update it automaticly when applying the latest version.

If you are not sure what mod version you are using and the issues you have, please provide some screenshots.
Related to the "Reimagined" mod, this one known to cause some issues, bccause of some now outdated asi files, see here:

I deleted the asi files (including two too many, whoops! restored those) and still have issues. However, I believe I have narrowed it down: the game window is in fact a lot smaller than full screen. So when the mod starts up it goes full screen, but the actual game window is a lot smaller.

Also, in regards to those asi files from Reimagined - deleting them won't cause issues with the mod?

Edit: I will note, the game is not unplayable - it's just a tad awkward with the screen size and changing the resolution in game to force the window and visuals to match. Which is how I figured out the probable issue.
Ok this looks like 2 things:
1. the mod has no permission to write in the games installation folder
2. you have hard configured the mod to only apply this resolution.

Please read the manual(pdf) of the mod (high resolution 1.7) and configure the mod to apply the same resolution as your desktop.
Set it to dynamicly to make it automaticaly detect it.

This looks like something is forcing a different resolution to it as the mod tries to apply to.

SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
fourthknower

Post by fourthknower »

NeoX wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 17:47 Hi,

Please read the manual(pdf) of the mod (high resolution 1.7) and configure the mod to apply the same resolution as your desktop.

This looks like something is forcing a different resolution to it as the mod tries to apply to.

I checked my files and it seems Spellforce's folder is set to "Read Only" - a lot of my other folders in Steam are set that as well. Could that be causing issues?

Beyond that, would I need to configure the mod by reinstalling, or by using the menu for it? Because I'm not quite sure what is meant by 'dynamicly' - isn't that for the font?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
fourthknower wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 23:02
NeoX wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 17:47 Hi,

I checked my files and it seems Spellforce's folder is set to "Read Only" - a lot of my other folders in Steam are set that as well. Could that be causing issues?

Beyond that, would I need to configure the mod by reinstalling, or by using the menu for it? Because I'm not quite sure what is meant by 'dynamicly' - isn't that for the font?
yes this is sadly an issue. Please set it to fully write able, or the mod can not inject the new changes into the config file too.
And with configuration i mean this: download/file.php?id=139 (page 12,13 and 14).

But normaly "dynamicly" should be default if nothing was ever changed.
It seems you have deeper issues, if you want you can also contact me tomorrow at this discord (3PM - 15:00 CET): https://discord.gg/2P8SZGx8ya

But i hope you can solve your issue until then by allowing writing permissions.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
SeraCue

Post by SeraCue »

Hey NeoX,
Thank you at first for the Mod it is really great to be able to play Spellforce 1 Again with this pesky Healtbar problem.
But my issue is I wanna change the Difficulty level in the Options but I got no chance of doing so as the Game simply crashes once I try to enter the Options itself.

Do you have any tips for that?

If not fine im still going to play this game over and over again :D
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
SeraCue wrote: Sun 22. Oct 2023, 20:32 Hey NeoX,
Thank you at first for the Mod it is really great to be able to play Spellforce 1 Again with this pesky Healtbar problem.
But my issue is I wanna change the Difficulty level in the Options but I got no chance of doing so as the Game simply crashes once I try to enter the Options itself.

Do you have any tips for that?

If not fine im still going to play this game over and over again :D
Glad you like it :-)

Normaly you should be able to go there if the writing permissions are not cut somehow of the game and mod.
Well in the worst case, simply edit the config.lua in your games directory by hand and edit the settings value:

Code: Select all

UserInterface =
{
	InvertZoomKey = 0,
	InvertMouselook = 0,
	BorderScrollSpeed = 1000,
	BorderScroll = 1,
	RMBScroll = 1,
	AutoNorth = 1,
	ExtendedTooltips = 1,
	GameMode = 0,
	SkipTutorial = 0,
}
This is the line you need to edit:

Code: Select all

GameMode = 0,
0 = normal
1 = easy
2 = hard

Then simply save it and on the next start of the game, the settings will take effect. But you only need to do it if the options truly are not callable because of lack of some permissions of the games(mod) exe.

Image Image
- - -
SeraCue

Post by SeraCue »

Hey Neo,

Thank you for the Quick Response time :D
Really appreciate it :ok:

Here is a Picture of my Config Lua after I installed your Mod.
Config Lua.png
I now entered all the Settings information you gave me from your Post and will try and hope it works :D

If not i will write you here :D
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
SeraCue wrote: Mon 23. Oct 2023, 17:52 Hey Neo,

Thank you for the Quick Response time :D
Really appreciate it :ok:

Here is a Picture of my Config Lua after I installed your Mod.
Config Lua.png

I now entered all the Settings information you gave me from your Post and will try and hope it works :D

If not i will write you here :D
No problem! Let me know the results!

Image Image
- - -
SeraCue

Post by SeraCue »

Hi NeoX,

I have been testing it now for the last days and everything seems to be working but im not really feeling any difference between the Gamemodes 0 and 2 maybe its because I know what I got to do or i am already accustomed to the strength of the Enemys.

But so far still thank you :D
If anything comes up I will let you know :D
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
SeraCue wrote: Wed 25. Oct 2023, 12:39 Hi NeoX,

I have been testing it now for the last days and everything seems to be working but im not really feeling any difference between the Gamemodes 0 and 2 maybe its because I know what I got to do or i am already accustomed to the strength of the Enemys.

But so far still thank you :D
If anything comes up I will let you know :D
Diagnostic: Overskilled!
So... i do not know how to patch you or nerve you any pov, sry! :tongue:

Anyway have fun ^^

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”