SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Iduens

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by Iduens »

You are awesome dude! It worked, updating the driver(5.) fixed it.

Thank you so much!
MarsForShort

Post by MarsForShort »

Hello!
This is my first time posting here but I got redirected from the official Discord to this mod, so I hope I am at the right place for help.

My problem is the cursor leaving the screen when using this mod (and when not using any mod too). Someone said this mod would fix this.
Is this correct or does multi-monitor setups always cause this?

Also when applying the Font it looks like this and I am not sure if it is intended, as this is hard to read in the menu:
font.png
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 12:47 Hello!
This is my first time posting here but I got redirected from the official Discord to this mod, so I hope I am at the right place for help.
Where have you been redirected to that discord server? Would be news to me that i link that place, since nobody ever got any real help there.
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 12:47 My problem is the cursor leaving the screen when using this mod (and when not using any mod too). Someone said this mod would fix this.
Is this correct or does multi-monitor setups always cause this?
Some people have this issue, but i have also Multi-Monitor (3), and it does work sometimes on my end. The problem is depending on your windows style. If you have forced focus, you can not leave the active window and it mouse stays inside. If not, the mouse can leave.

BTW this issue is also SpellForce coding related, have an example: https://youtu.be/zqvCRRKAmQw
As you can see i have 3 monitors and as long as i am in the menu of the game and the character selection, my mouse keeps being tagged by the game(window), but as soon as i load up a game, the mouse becomes free.

So the source of the issues seems to be in combination of the game snative coding and windows environment.

MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 12:47 Also when applying the Font it looks like this and I am not sure if it is intended, as this is hard to read in the menu:
font.png

Thank you!
Yes this is normal, but you can force a bigger or different font with the configuration (see manual).
The reason behind this is that with resolutions above 1280x1024 SpellForce dies not have any fonts to apply and only uses its console 8pc font that is super tiny.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
MarsForShort

Post by MarsForShort »

Hello,

please excuse me for not knowing how quoting in these old forums works.

the pinned messages in the (I think) official Discord server directed me to this mod and a user told me to ask here, specifically you.

Yes I have the exact same problem, once the game starts. So far it always made my cursor go out of the window.
Is there a way to force the focus? Or was that just an explanation how the cursor/focus works.

Yes I got told it is the issue of the game itself. So I understand there is not really a "simple" solution as I saw in the video you also use rightclick held to move the camera?

One question I now have though is why the Configuration menu before starting does not popup for me?
I saw it in the manual and your video but for me the game just instantly starts. However I do not have any issue with the settings, because I don't need to change any.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 19:11 Hello,

please excuse me for not knowing how quoting in these old forums works.
Simply use the " at the right side of your post :-)
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 19:11 the pinned messages in the (I think) official Discord server directed me to this mod and a user told me to ask here, specifically you.
You are here at the right place for sure, only question is why the question landed there in the 1st place.
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 19:11 Yes I have the exact same problem, once the game starts. So far it always made my cursor go out of the window.
Is there a way to force the focus? Or was that just an explanation how the cursor/focus works.
Thats the thing, i do force it already and as you can see in the games menu and character screen (video), it does work, but once the game loads a savegame or renders stuff, that mouse tag gets lost. Its something i have to look into, not only to trigger it (since that is already the case) but remain it troughout the gameplay session.

As you can see on this little feature clip here https://youtu.be/ZPNZjt8bEFM , you can see that i could get the border scrolling back after forcing focus by closing a background window for a short time, but i need to find somethign consistent.
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 19:11 Yes I got told it is the issue of the game itself. So I understand there is not really a "simple" solution as I saw in the video you also use rightclick held to move the camera?
For now yes, but you can also use your keyboards arrow keys. Same effect.
MarsForShort wrote: Tue 13. Jun 2023, 19:11 One question I now have though is why the Configuration menu before starting does not popup for me?
I saw it in the manual and your video but for me the game just instantly starts. However I do not have any issue with the settings, because I don't need to change any.
As you can read in the manual, this option menu only pops up when you click the little "gear" in the upper right corner of the mods splash-screen. But this is only nessesary if you want to apply something else then the standard settings of the mod (as explained in the manual). You can also reach the same effect by editing the mods-exe config file (see manual).

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
GinsengStrip2002

Post by GinsengStrip2002 »

Hello. I've installed the patch for GoG version of the game. It seems to work but healthbars are still missing despite using the option that was supposed to fix this issue. It's pretty hard to play not being able to see my heroes health status. Reinstalled the patch multiple times, no effect. Anyone can help?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
GinsengStrip2002 wrote: Tue 20. Jun 2023, 15:26 Hello. I've installed the patch for GoG version of the game. It seems to work but healthbars are still missing despite using the option that was supposed to fix this issue. It's pretty hard to play not being able to see my heroes health status. Reinstalled the patch multiple times, no effect. Anyone can help?
What version of the mod did you use?
Did you run the Setup directly with admin permissions (screenshot of the setup please)?
Did you specificly apply the Render fix?
Can you please post the install-log here?
Whats your Hardware?
Can you please post a screenshot of your game running and the problem?

Image Image
- - -
Wormic

Post by Wormic »

I've heard from people that playing around with your GPU drivers can sometimes help fix it with the patch, but that doesn't always work. NeoX can help you better there, but might be worth a shot.
GinsengStrip2002

Post by GinsengStrip2002 »

NeoX wrote: Tue 20. Jun 2023, 16:03 hi,

Did you run the Setup directly with admin permissions (screenshot of the setup please)?
Whats your Hardware?

Hey, sorry for late reply I didn't have much time yesterday.

1. 1.7 the current one, tried with old versions but they didn't fix the issue.
2. Yes. Here's the screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/BBNrTAS.jpg
3. Yeah, as you can see on the screenshot above
4. Install log:
https://i.imgur.com/WdbZN60.jpg
5. Hardware: B550 Aorus Elite V2, Ryzen 5 5600X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 16GB RAM, Windows 11
6. Healthbars missing ingame
https://i.imgur.com/Dk3M3aS.jpg

Edit: just did a clean display driver install with DDU. Did not help aswell
Last edited by GinsengStrip2002 on Wed 21. Jun 2023, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
GinsengStrip2002 wrote: Wed 21. Jun 2023, 13:44
NeoX wrote: Tue 20. Jun 2023, 16:03 hi,

Whats your Hardware?

Hey, sorry for late reply I didn't have much time yesterday.

1. 1.7 the current one, tried with old versions but they didn't fix the issue.
2. Yes. Here's the screenshot
3. Yeah, as you can see on the screenshot above
4. Install log:
5. Hardware: B550 Aorus Elite V2, Ryzen 5 5600X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 16GB RAM, Windows 11
6. Healthbars missing ingame
Thx for the detailed reply!
The render fix does work, since you now have the manabar also visable again. I bet when you select units you also see their healthbar above their head. The issue here is your widescreen resolution where the game sadly renders the mana-bar above the lifebar in the character portrait. When you select them, you still see it.

The reason behind that is that the was only developed for 4:3 ratio resolutions back then. You can see here that if you force a 4:3 resolution, all is like it always was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPNZjt8bEFM

As long you stay below X =1280+ you will have the lifebar rendered on your characters profile. Anything above, will sadly make it overrendered by the Manabar.

So you simply can force the maximum 4:3 resolution on your screen and also center the game, or just continue to play 16:9 and just select the characters whose lifebar you want to see above their heads.

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”