SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

GinsengStrip2002

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by GinsengStrip2002 »

Okay I understand now. That's gonna be a lil bit difficult to play but I love this game too much :D Thanks
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
GinsengStrip2002 wrote: Wed 21. Jun 2023, 14:03 Okay I understand now. That's gonna be a lil bit difficult to play but I love this game too much :D Thanks
if you want, i have here some setting how you can have the game in the center of your screen with the highest 4:3 resolution the game normaly supports and renders normaly.
Start_settings.png
With that you can play at 1080P this way:
classic rendered fill view 1080p.png
I hope this helps!

Greetings: NeoX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
GinsengStrip2002

Post by GinsengStrip2002 »

Thanks a lot. Can I stretch it aswell? I've played this game stretched on my old PC a lot so it wouldn't be a big issue for me.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
GinsengStrip2002 wrote: Wed 21. Jun 2023, 16:27 Thanks a lot. Can I stretch it aswell? I've played this game stretched on my old PC a lot so it wouldn't be a big issue for me.
yes and no. You see you can apply this resolution also to your desktop resolution (see the option "force desktop resolution to settings"), that will make it full-screen and maybe stretch a little (Monitor depending). But in that case the game position of X and Y must both be 0. Oh and you have to revert to your old desktop resolution later by hand manualy.

If all that is ok for you, just do it :-)

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
Hadidah

Post by Hadidah »

Hi, thank you in advance for the work on this mod!

I have followed all of the instructions for the Steam installation. But when it comes to launching the game I am met with the following error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2mYDl ... sp=sharing

Verifying the game files via steam has it reinstall the SFHR_config.dat file. Trying to launch the game from there gets a resolution not found error.

Any advice would be appreciated!
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Hadidah wrote: Tue 4. Jul 2023, 08:53 Hi, thank you in advance for the work on this mod!

I have followed all of the instructions for the Steam installation. But when it comes to launching the game I am met with the following error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2mYDl ... sp=sharing

Verifying the game files via steam has it reinstall the SFHR_config.dat file. Trying to launch the game from there gets a resolution not found error.

Any advice would be appreciated!
are you sure you have version 1.54 of the game? The mod is only developed for that version of the game. Also please do not verify any gamefiles after installing the mod, or it would revert all changes.

Also you can upload images here on this forum just fine, no need for external links ;-)

Image Image
- - -
witchergothic

Post by witchergothic »

Hi I also having problem with missing hp bars and dialogue boxes also rings under units, all this is fixed with patching with vulkan but now i have invisible cursor . I have RX 7900 xtx. and 4k monitor. On my previous gpu gtx 1070 nvidia was everything fine , game version 1.54 gog
update: Ive found the problem im using high res texture mod from nexus from some guy micraving and there is folder named cursor ,just by removing it the problem is solved and the cursor is visible again
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 16:33 Hi I also having problem with missing hp bars and dialogue boxes also rings under units, all this is fixed with patching with vulkan but now i have invisible cursor . I have RX 7900 xtx. and 4k monitor. On my previous gpu gtx 1070 nvidia was everything fine , game version 1.54 gog
update: Ive found the problem im using high res texture mod from nexus from some guy micraving and there is folder named cursor ,just by removing it the problem is solved and the cursor is visible again
Thanks for the feedback! and yeah, please do not mix these mods ^^. Ours here stands alone on its feed ;-)

Image Image
- - -
witchergothic

Post by witchergothic »

NeoX wrote: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 20:21 Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 16:33 Hi I also having problem with missing hp bars and dialogue boxes also rings under units, all this is fixed with patching with vulkan but now i have invisible cursor . I have RX 7900 xtx. and 4k monitor. On my previous gpu gtx 1070 nvidia was everything fine , game version 1.54 gog
Thanks for the feedback! and yeah, please do not mix these mods ^^. Ours here stands alone on its feed ;-)

Hi me again so far without any mods seems to be working but ive tried with reimagined it keep crashing otherwise reimagined is working without your mod but i have missing hp bar and other stuff.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:16
NeoX wrote: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 20:21 Hi,

Hi me again so far without any mods seems to be working but ive tried with reimagined it keep crashing otherwise reimagined is working without your mod but i have missing hp bar and other stuff.
Looks like the mod "reimagined" is causing the issues, since without it, everything works perfectly. I have a theory, could you please check your games folder for ".asi" files that "reimagined" added? In most cases these are now incompatible with never hardware. Removing these should solve your issue. I know the author of the mod did not even create these on his own, but only incluided them from somewhere else.

TLTR: look for ".asi" files and remove them, then check again. Oh and always start the game via the new start-exe, not the old one. :-)

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”