SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

witchergothic
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 13:29

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by witchergothic »

NeoX wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:41 Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:16
NeoX wrote: Thu 17. Aug 2023, 20:21 Hi,



Thanks for the feedback! and yeah, please do not mix these mods ^^. Ours here stands alone on its feed ;-)

Greetings: NeoX
Hi me again so far without any mods seems to be working but ive tried with reimagined it keep crashing otherwise reimagined is working without your mod but i have missing hp bar and other stuff.
Looks like the mod "reimagined" is causing the issues, since without it, everything works perfectly. I have a theory, could you please check your games folder for ".asi" files that "reimagined" added? In most cases these are now incompatible with never hardware. Removing these should solve your issue. I know the author of the mod did not even create these on his own, but only incluided them from somewhere else.

TLTR: look for ".asi" files and remove them, then check again. Oh and always start the game via the new start-exe, not the old one. :-)

Greetings: NeoX
Many thanks now it works , ive shouldve known that those optional assets mods like extended ui and other asi was the problem :)
User avatar
NeoX
Administrator
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu 3. Nov 2022, 07:47

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:54
NeoX wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:41 Hi,
witchergothic wrote: Fri 18. Aug 2023, 12:16
Hi me again so far without any mods seems to be working but ive tried with reimagined it keep crashing otherwise reimagined is working without your mod but i have missing hp bar and other stuff.
Looks like the mod "reimagined" is causing the issues, since without it, everything works perfectly. I have a theory, could you please check your games folder for ".asi" files that "reimagined" added? In most cases these are now incompatible with never hardware. Removing these should solve your issue. I know the author of the mod did not even create these on his own, but only incluided them from somewhere else.

TLTR: look for ".asi" files and remove them, then check again. Oh and always start the game via the new start-exe, not the old one. :-)

Greetings: NeoX
Many thanks now it works , ive shouldve known that those optional assets mods like extended ui and other asi was the problem :)
No problem, happy to help! Enjoy your SpellForce!

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
apsik
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat 26. Aug 2023, 16:12

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by apsik »

Hello

I have this issue after installing Vulkan option. It works fine when i skip this option and leave only base resolution mod.

Does anybody have the same issue?

More info:

- Winows 11
- AMD gpu
- Starting as admin
- No backwards compatibillity checked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
NeoX
Administrator
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu 3. Nov 2022, 07:47

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

hi,
apsik wrote: Sat 26. Aug 2023, 17:59 Hello

I have this issue after installing Vulkan option. It works fine when i skip this option and leave only base resolution mod.

Does anybody have the same issue?

More info:

- Winows 11
- AMD gpu
- Starting as admin
- No backwards compatibillity checked
Update your GPU driver please! Please update to Adrenalin 23.5.X or newer!

We had this issue once and it was related to outdated GPU driver:
viewtopic.php?t=62&start=46

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
apsik
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat 26. Aug 2023, 16:12

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by apsik »

Thanks, it worked!
I haven't predicted so simple solution.
User avatar
NeoX
Administrator
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu 3. Nov 2022, 07:47

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
apsik wrote: Sat 26. Aug 2023, 22:43 Thanks, it worked!
I haven't predicted so simple solution.
np, yw! :-)

If there are any more issues, just read the whole thread here, in 99% of all cases the issue was reported once and solved already ^^.

Enjoy your game!

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
fourthknower
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 02:33

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by fourthknower »

Hello, I recently swapped from the English to German voices in Spellforce 1 and am trying to re install the HD mod. However, I keep running into several issues:

1. The game cursor does not align with what I'm actually trying to select. Either it's off by a good amount, or a small amount. For example, I can have the mouse cursor in the middle of a big check box visually, but in fact the game says that the box is a little to the left. I remember fixing the issue before, but I don't remember how and I do not know what the source of the issue here is now.

2. The bottom of the screen is cut off on my computer. I'm not sure why that is - it doesn't seem to affect much but I find it irritating and would like to get the game to not do that.

Part of the issue seems to be the game window does not actually match what the resolution is, on my computer. Has that been an issue?
User avatar
NeoX
Administrator
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu 3. Nov 2022, 07:47

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 05:33 Hello, I recently swapped from the English to German voices in Spellforce 1 and am trying to re install the HD mod. However, I keep running into several issues:

1. The game cursor does not align with what I'm actually trying to select. Either it's off by a good amount, or a small amount. For example, I can have the mouse cursor in the middle of a big check box visually, but in fact the game says that the box is a little to the left. I remember fixing the issue before, but I don't remember how and I do not know what the source of the issue here is now.

2. The bottom of the screen is cut off on my computer. I'm not sure why that is - it doesn't seem to affect much but I find it irritating and would like to get the game to not do that.

Part of the issue seems to be the game window does not actually match what the resolution is, on my computer. Has that been an issue?
Sounds like missing permissions for the mod and not the latest version. Please make sure to use version 1.7 of the mod (the latest one - see 1st thread post here) and start the new desktop shortcut of the mod-exe specificly with admin permission.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
fourthknower
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 02:33

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by fourthknower »

NeoX wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 09:04 Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 05:33 Hello, I recently swapped from the English to German voices in Spellforce 1 and am trying to re install the HD mod. However, I keep running into several issues:

1. The game cursor does not align with what I'm actually trying to select. Either it's off by a good amount, or a small amount. For example, I can have the mouse cursor in the middle of a big check box visually, but in fact the game says that the box is a little to the left. I remember fixing the issue before, but I don't remember how and I do not know what the source of the issue here is now.

2. The bottom of the screen is cut off on my computer. I'm not sure why that is - it doesn't seem to affect much but I find it irritating and would like to get the game to not do that.

Part of the issue seems to be the game window does not actually match what the resolution is, on my computer. Has that been an issue?
Sounds like missing permissions for the mod and not the latest version. Please make sure to use version 1.7 of the mod (the latest one - see 1st thread post here) and start the new desktop shortcut of the mod-exe specificly with admin permission.

Greetings: NeoX
That's the funny part: It is the most recent version of the mod.

As far as I recall, I did start with admin permissions. I at least did the right click and 'run as administrator', pretty sure

Should I delete the current files and reinstall and make sure that it's the right permissions?

UPdate: I did go ahead and delete the Hi res files in my folder and tried a reinstall. But still same issue. Do I need to unisntall the game and reinstall it from scratch?

Something I forgot to mention is that I am using Reimagined. Would that be causing issues?
User avatar
NeoX
Administrator
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu 3. Nov 2022, 07:47

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Sat 2. Sep 2023, 01:46
NeoX wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 09:04 Hi,
fourthknower wrote: Fri 1. Sep 2023, 05:33 Hello, I recently swapped from the English to German voices in Spellforce 1 and am trying to re install the HD mod. However, I keep running into several issues:

1. The game cursor does not align with what I'm actually trying to select. Either it's off by a good amount, or a small amount. For example, I can have the mouse cursor in the middle of a big check box visually, but in fact the game says that the box is a little to the left. I remember fixing the issue before, but I don't remember how and I do not know what the source of the issue here is now.

2. The bottom of the screen is cut off on my computer. I'm not sure why that is - it doesn't seem to affect much but I find it irritating and would like to get the game to not do that.

Part of the issue seems to be the game window does not actually match what the resolution is, on my computer. Has that been an issue?
Sounds like missing permissions for the mod and not the latest version. Please make sure to use version 1.7 of the mod (the latest one - see 1st thread post here) and start the new desktop shortcut of the mod-exe specificly with admin permission.

Greetings: NeoX
That's the funny part: It is the most recent version of the mod.

As far as I recall, I did start with admin permissions. I at least did the right click and 'run as administrator', pretty sure

Should I delete the current files and reinstall and make sure that it's the right permissions?

UPdate: I did go ahead and delete the Hi res files in my folder and tried a reinstall. But still same issue. Do I need to unisntall the game and reinstall it from scratch?

Something I forgot to mention is that I am using Reimagined. Would that be causing issues?
Please tell me what version of the mod you are using (high resolution). Also the Setup does patch/update it automaticly when applying the latest version.

If you are not sure what mod version you are using and the issues you have, please provide some screenshots.
Related to the "Reimagined" mod, this one known to cause some issues, bccause of some now outdated asi files, see here:
viewtopic.php?t=62&start=69

Keep me updated, and tell me the version of the mod please.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
Post Reply

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”