SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Technical support around SpellForce 2

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Taden

Re: SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Post by Taden »

Hey, really cool you made a patch for the game, thanks for your hard work!

Anyone getting a run time error though?

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information"
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Taden wrote: Thu 20. Jul 2023, 13:54 Hey, really cool you made a patch for the game, thanks for your hard work!

are you getting this error with starting the patch or by the game itself?
If its the game itself, it seems you did not install Visual Studio c++ Runtime 2005.
Normaly that setup gets triggered on the installation of the game itself.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
Taden

Post by Taden »

NeoX wrote: Thu 20. Jul 2023, 15:20 Hi,
Taden wrote: Thu 20. Jul 2023, 13:54 Hey, really cool you made a patch for the game, thanks for your hard work!

If its the game itself, it seems you did not install Visual Studio c++ Runtime 2005.

Hi, thanks for replying!

Sorry, I was unclear. The runtime error happens when I try to launch the game through steam. The game was running normally before I installed the update.

Windows 10

The only thing I’ve changed in the game form a standard instal is the config file, and when I was in the game I changed the aspect ratio with the console. Then I ran the update, but the game won’t launch after updating
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Taden wrote: Thu 20. Jul 2023, 23:35

Hi, thanks for replying!

Sorry, I was unclear. The runtime error happens when I try to launch the game through steam. The game was running normally before I installed the update.

Windows 10

The only thing I’ve changed in the game form a standard instal is the config file, and when I was in the game I changed the aspect ratio with the console. Then I ran the update, but the game won’t launch after updating
A screenshot of the exact error message would help a lot :-)

But you could try this:

1. reinstall the hardware patch
2. start the game directly via the game exe and not trough steam
3. when asked for configuration, click "cancel"

If that does not solve it, removing all modded files could help. Maybe you overdid it with the console command and now it can not render the game properly anymore.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
Taden

Post by Taden »

NeoX wrote: Fri 21. Jul 2023, 00:29 Hi,

Hi, thanks for replying!

Windows 10

But you could try this:

If that does not solve it, removing all modded files could help. Maybe you overdid it with the console command and now it can not render the game properly anymore.

Hi, I figured out what it was! Firewall was blocking access, even though I thought I'd given it permission.

The patch installed, the game runs, but the ratio sadly didn't change to 16:9, it only changed the resolution so now the image is stretched. Was it meant to change the format as well from 4:3 to 16:9?

https://i.imgur.com/V9tmChR.jpg
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Taden wrote: Fri 21. Jul 2023, 02:49

Hi, thanks for replying!

Windows 10

But you could try this:

Hi, I figured out what it was! Firewall was blocking access, even though I thought I'd given it permission.

The patch installed, the game runs, but the ratio sadly didn't change to 16:9, it only changed the resolution so now the image is stretched. Was it meant to change the format as well from 4:3 to 16:9?

Glad you found the issue! Yeah the patch does "only" effect the ingame rendered resolution, it does not change the UI-Graphics, these stay as they are and can look a little stretched, but as long the ingame figures are now corretly rendered, this is what counts.

Image Image
- - -
Taden

Post by Taden »

NeoX wrote: Fri 21. Jul 2023, 09:06 Hi,
Taden wrote: Fri 21. Jul 2023, 02:49

But you could try this:

Glad you found the issue! Yeah the patch does "only" effect the ingame rendered resolution, it does not change the UI-Graphics, these stay as they are and can look a little stretched, but as long the ingame figures are now corretly rendered, this is what counts.

Hi,

I see now, I went past the menu and into the game, and yes, it's working there! Thank you! Thanks for all the help!
Acronix

Post by Acronix »

Patch is good only I have a problem when I return to Winterlight Peak, because the map textures do not load and everything is black units further I can select units but it does not do anything. There was a similar topic on steam but I didn't find a solution there. Unfortunately this one was before the patch, I installed the patch and the problem remains and there is no solution on the internet.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Acronix wrote: Mon 28. Aug 2023, 18:08 Patch is good only I have a problem when I return to Winterlight Peak, because the map textures do not load and everything is black units further I can select units but it does not do anything. There was a similar topic on steam but I didn't find a solution there. Unfortunately this one was before the patch, I installed the patch and the problem remains and there is no solution on the internet.
i know what you mean and the funny thing is, this is somehow savegame stored. On the 1st visite all textures are fine, but on the 2nd the game thinks its cached but isn't and does not load it up. There was a script fix for it when you did not enter the map a 2nd time so far. Sadly did not work anymore with the Gold-Edition and AE later on, only with pure Dragon Storm (2.0). Let me see if i can find an other fix. Could you provide your savegame for me, before entering the map a 2nd time, please?

Image Image
- - -
Acronix

Post by Acronix »

I can't write a private message to you from the forum. Can you write private message or provide another way of contact?

Return to “SpellForce 2 - Technical Support”