SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Technical support around SpellForce 2

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Pulini

Re: SpellForce 2 Hardware Patch

Post by Pulini »

Hello i try to manually patch and i have a problem with graphic card in hwdb. I have intel5 so i followed the rules on steam and it work in logs but i have nvidia mx150 and i dont know what to type can you help me with running this game?

When i install the patch its going forever but when i switch folder to C:/ it searched it but i cant click on install it still searches forever
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Pulini wrote: Sun 5. Nov 2023, 11:52 Hello i try to manually patch and i have a problem with graphic card in hwdb. I have intel5 so i followed the rules on steam and it work in logs but i have nvidia mx150 and i dont know what to type can you help me with running this game?

When i install the patch its going forever but when i switch folder to C:/ it searched it but i cant click on install it still searches forever
1. Never patch it manualy. I do not know who came up with this bad idea, but this only leads to more issues.
2. Please make sure to run the patch with admin permissions and make sure its not blocked by any Security or Antivirus settings.
It can take a while depending on the system until it can detect the game correctly on the 1st run.

If you still did let it run throw and it does not offer any install options, please post the log of the patch here and we will take a look.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
Pulini

Post by Pulini »

Here is my log, after installing now still cant run from steam or sf2.exe

Setup Initialize finished
Search Game Installation(s)...
Access to C:\$Recycle.Bin denied!
Access to C:\Config.Msi denied!
Access to C:\Documents and Settings denied!
Access to C:\found.000 denied!
Access to C:\PerfLogs denied!
Access to C:\Program Files denied!
Access to C:\Program Files (x86) denied!
Access to C:\ProgramData denied!
Access to C:\Recovery denied!
Access to C:\System Volume Information denied!
Access to C:\Users denied!
Access to C:\Windows denied!
Game Installation found here: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spellforce 2 Gold Edition
Access to D:\System Volume Information denied!
Setup started
Install Patch...
CPU found: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
CPU maximum Speed: 1800
CPU current Speed: 1600
GPU found: NVIDIA GeForce MX150Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
Current Resolution: 1536 x 864
Spellforce 2 Dragon Storm Installation patched
Settings Updated with current Resolution
Patch successfull

edit: yo look at this\ THIS MANUAL https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =555775079
i will put here link from steam to your info but there is manual to change cpu to 20 but my gfx is still 0

[INFO][app]: OS version information: 6.2.9200 Service Pack 0
[INFO][app]: Physical memory total: 8066 MB
[INFO][app]: Physical memory available: 2176 MB
[INFO][app]: Virtual memory total: 2047 MB
[INFO][app]: Virtual memory available: 1848 MB
[INFO][app]: PageFile memory total: 17551 MB
[INFO][app]: PageFile memory available: 7460 MB
[INFO][app]: Memory load: 73 percent
[INFO][app]: Number of processors: 8
[INFO][app]: CPU GenuineIntel family 6 detected.
[INFO][app]: CPU clock speed is ~1800 MHz.
[INFO][app]: CPU rating is 10 points.
[INFO][app]: GFX rating is 0 points.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Pulini wrote: Sun 5. Nov 2023, 20:12 Here is my log, after installing now still cant run from steam or sf2.exe

Access to C:\found.000 denied!
Game Installation found here: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Spellforce 2 Gold Edition
Setup started
Install Patch...
CPU found: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
CPU maximum Speed: 1800
CPU current Speed: 1600
GPU found: NVIDIA GeForce MX150Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
Current Resolution: 1536 x 864
Spellforce 2 Dragon Storm Installation patched
Settings Updated with current Resolution
Patch successfull

edit: yo look at this\ THIS MANUAL https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =555775079
i will put here link from steam to your info but there is manual to change cpu to 20 but my gfx is still 0

[INFO][app]: OS version information: 6.2.9200 Service Pack 0
[INFO][app]: Physical memory total: 8066 MB
[INFO][app]: Physical memory available: 2176 MB
[INFO][app]: Virtual memory total: 2047 MB
[INFO][app]: Virtual memory available: 1848 MB
[INFO][app]: PageFile memory total: 17551 MB
[INFO][app]: PageFile memory available: 7460 MB
[INFO][app]: Memory load: 73 percent
[INFO][app]: Number of processors: 8
[INFO][app]: CPU GenuineIntel family 6 detected.
[INFO][app]: CPU clock speed is ~1800 MHz.
[INFO][app]: CPU rating is 10 points.
[INFO][app]: GFX rating is 0 points.
The log sadly lies sometimes. In your case it will always fail to detect, because you have multiple GPU's in your system. That causes an internal error. So just ignore that and follow these steps:

Whats is important that after you installed the hardware patch, on the startup of the game, you get asked about "optimicing" the setting. There you MUST choose "cancel". After that the game will start and you will have max settings + it will properly apply your hardware. When you do select "ok", it will check it based on the hardcoded internal database and not the hardware database we just modified.

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
Pulini

Post by Pulini »

I have installed patch and still can't run the game. When i click play on steam or launch from folder nothing happens. No error, nothing. I dont know what to anyway thanks for help.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Pulini wrote: Mon 6. Nov 2023, 21:09 I have installed patch and still can't run the game. When i click play on steam or launch from folder nothing happens. No error, nothing. I dont know what to anyway thanks for help.
Since you play on a mobile device with multiple graphic cards, you need to asure your dedicated GPU (high performence settings - nvidia in your case) is used for the game. Your Intel APU Chip is incompatible to the game. Please configure your driver to apply the "high performence" gpu to this game, or use an external monitor on your notebook. Anything displayed there always uses the dedicated GPU.

Image Image
- - -
Whereswally

Post by Whereswally »

I have Radeon 5570.
This is my log. I run as administrator on Win 10

Access to D:\$RECYCLE.BIN denied!
Game Installation found here: D:\Gierki\SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars
Search-Engine Error - No Data recived (HDD empty or dead?)

After installing the patch, I can play for max 2 minutes and suddenly the fan starts going crazy and the card and processor become extremely hot.
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Whereswally wrote: Tue 7. Nov 2023, 16:54 I have Radeon 5570.
This is my log. I run as administrator on Win 10

Access to D:\$RECYCLE.BIN denied!
Game Installation found here: D:\Gierki\SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars
Search-Engine Error - No Data recived (HDD empty or dead?)

After installing the patch, I can play for max 2 minutes and suddenly the fan starts going crazy and the card and processor become extremely hot.
Sounds like an issue with the hardware overall.
Could you please post a system-report with the SMB ( http://www.smb.keepfree.de/download.html ) with the following settings?
scan_settings_smb.png
The Hardware Patch found the game just fine, for the rest you sadly did not post the log.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
- - -
rohdeuxfesses

Post by rohdeuxfesses »

Thank you, it worked! :)
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,

the SF2 - Hardware Compatibility Patch got an update that increases its functionality and its effect. Version 1.4 is now available!

Changelog (1.3.1 -> 1.4)

- Updated and streamlined Search-Engine logs
- updated configuration patching functionality
- fixed an issue where games did not correctly apply new configuration and gpu api
- added permission detection to the patch
- increased performance thanks to api-layer improvement

Thank you everyone for your support and feedback! Without it we could never have improved it like that!

Download like usual: viewtopic.php?t=72 (1st post)

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce 2 - Technical Support”