SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

SuperSwarley

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by SuperSwarley »

Hi,

thank you for the mod. Now I can enjoy the game again. Works pefectly now.
FoKai

Post by FoKai »

Where can I download it? It says I dont have the permission :(
FoKai

Post by FoKai »

Sorry my fault!

But I have the issue, that in the starting screen the soundfile stutters and the game doesnt start at all, what can I do?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
FoKai wrote: Sat 3. Aug 2024, 19:57 Sorry my fault!

But I have the issue, that in the starting screen the soundfile stutters and the game doesnt start at all, what can I do?
Please read the manual PDF and make sure you have fitting drivers , next have applied the proper permissions.

Greetings: NeoX
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
dragosss13

Post by dragosss13 »

Hello,

Thanks for the work in this mod. I have tried it also on my hardware , relatively new ( amd radeon 780m GPU - so unfortunately I cannot downgrade to the proposed AMD driver in this thread due to my egpu not being supported in that version).
I have succesfully installed it but when I run the SpellForce_High_Res my screen is only freezed, there is no video rendering ( although audio is playing on the back, so the game is not crashed or something).
If I run the SpellForce executable only added by this mod, the game is working as expected and also the healthbar issue is fixed, but my video is not displayed to the expected resolution ( I have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 ).
I tried various settings from the mod setting to force the new resolution, but it's not working no matter what...

I also tried a different mod which is fixing only the widescreen issue ( separted executable only for the 1920 x 1080 display ) and that is working as expected, but here I am facing issue with healthbar.

So somehow I am able to fix these 2 issues separately but not at the same time... Has anyone faced the same problem :?: ?

NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
dragosss13 wrote: Sun 18. Aug 2024, 21:30 Hello,

Thanks for the work in this mod. I have tried it also on my hardware , relatively new ( amd radeon 780m GPU - so unfortunately I cannot downgrade to the proposed AMD driver in this thread due to my egpu not being supported in that version).
I have succesfully installed it but when I run the SpellForce_High_Res my screen is only freezed, there is no video rendering ( although audio is playing on the back, so the game is not crashed or something).
If I run the SpellForce executable only added by this mod, the game is working as expected and also the healthbar issue is fixed, but my video is not displayed to the expected resolution ( I have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 ).
I tried various settings from the mod setting to force the new resolution, but it's not working no matter what...

I also tried a different mod which is fixing only the widescreen issue ( separted executable only for the 1920 x 1080 display ) and that is working as expected, but here I am facing issue with healthbar.

So somehow I am able to fix these 2 issues separately but not at the same time... Has anyone faced the same problem :?: ?

ok i think i know your problem/situation and a sort of working workaround, for your situation. Play it in original 4:3 windowed mode.
setup_settings.png
(Setup option 2)

The problem of the content freeze is a vulcan API issue of the AMD driver right now. This only happens in full-screen mode.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-so ... d-p/669278

This should solve it for you. Having healthbars and the original format with the highest possible classic resolution. Remember to start the game via the new Start-Shortcut on your desktop (see Manual).

Please DO NOT mix this mod-patch with other mods that alter the game-exe!

Greetings: NeoX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”