Page 2 of 3

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Mon 15. Jan 2024, 23:07
by Bapt890
Version 1.8.1 :
  • When duplicating an entry, you will now be asked if you want to load the new entry automatically (was previously always the case).

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Thu 18. Jan 2024, 16:17
by Bapt890
Version 1.8.2
  • Removing an entry will now load the previous entry instead of the first one of the entry list. This will prevent unnecessary scrolling.

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Sun 15. Feb 2026, 12:46
by Tester0011
Hello everyone, I'm trying to edit a sword in the editor. I keep getting the error message: "(there is already another entry with the ID 1029 within addon 1. Please enter an unused ID)." Then I tried copying and replacing the sword with one that has the same ID, but that didn't work either. And when I create a completely new sword, I can't find it in the map editor to add it to the game. I hope someone can help me. Thank you all!

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Mon 16. Feb 2026, 17:48
by NeoX
hi,
Tester0011 wrote: Sun 15. Feb 2026, 12:46 Hello everyone, I'm trying to edit a sword in the editor. I keep getting the error message: "(there is already another entry with the ID 1029 within addon 1. Please enter an unused ID)." Then I tried copying and replacing the sword with one that has the same ID, but that didn't work either. And when I create a completely new sword, I can't find it in the map editor to add it to the game. I hope someone can help me. Thank you all!
i have spoken with the dev of this project and he said he is working on a new version that should fix this bug.

Greetings: NeoX

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Fri 31. Jul 2026, 23:39
by Tomilin
Can you remove exe file limitation/check? So that I can edit Anniversary Edition without any problems? The folder is more important there anyway.

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Sat 1. Aug 2026, 11:42
by Bapt890
This feature will be removed in the next version :) working on it !

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Wed 12. Aug 2026, 16:29
by valkhel
Bapt890 wrote: Sat 1. Aug 2026, 11:42 This feature will be removed in the next version :) working on it !
Is it possible for you to share to code on github?

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Wed 12. Aug 2026, 21:03
by Bapt890
Out of security reasons, fraud potential and AI-thiefs, it will stay closed source for now. Same for the upcoming version.

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Wed 12. Aug 2026, 21:20
by valkhel
Bapt890 wrote: Wed 12. Aug 2026, 21:03 Out of security reasons, fraud potential and AI-thiefs, it will stay closed source for now. Same for the upcoming version.
Fair enough :)

Nevertheless if you need any help in development, let me know!

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Posted: Sat 5. Sep 2026, 10:01
by Noradim
Hey,

Great work so far and it works perfectly with DotP. Any way we get it to work for Anniversary / vanilla SW, DS?