Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Diskutiere über alle Themen welche zum Editor und das Modding von SpellForce 2 gehören

Moderator: Forum_Manager

Bapt890

Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Post by Bapt890 »

The Spellforce 2 Data Editor is a software developed in C#. Its goal is to allow the user to easily read, edit and save the game database and language files of the game Spellforce 2. It is meant to only work with the last expansion Demons of the Past, however with some trickery you can also edit previous versions.

A little while ago, I felt that Spellforce 2 needed more love and more mods. The main issue I found was that there wasn't any dedicated tool to dissect the cff files and mod them, instead you had to do everything manually. It only made sense that people didn't want to try, and those that wanted were quickly overwhelmed by the complexity of manual editing.

I mixed my love of Spellforce and coding to make the Spellforce 2 Editor. This is a dedicated tool to read, edit and save the database of Spellforce 2 and make modding easier to everyone.

I'm eager to see what mods you will make with this ^^ please share them on the forum so anyonce can enjoy !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bapt890 on Tue 22. Aug 2023, 20:28, edited 3 times in total.
Bapt890

Re: Spellforce 2 Data Editor

Post by Bapt890 »

Update 1.7 : The search function has been upgraded. You now have two modes :

Search by name - The previous way that it searched, meaning it'll look for the names in the list on the left.

Search by content - Will search by the ingame content of the data. For example, content of the dialogues, description of the buildings, etc.
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Update 1.7.1

Fixed an issue caused by the last update that prevented to save correctly.
The entry list is now sorted in the alphanumerical order.
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Update 1.7.2

- Removed the sorting of the entry list from the previous update, as it caused an issue when saving (not compatible with how the software currently works, might be fixed at one point).
- Fixed an issue where changing the avatar skill points was not saved.
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Update 1.7.3 :

- Fixed an issue where the attachments type of the Equipment Items weren't saved.
- Fixed an issue where the abilities of the NPC Units weren't saved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vilnius

Post by vilnius »

The Spellforce 2 Data Editor is a software developed in C#. Its goal is to allow the user to easily read, edit and save the game database and language files of the game Spellforce 2. It is meant to only work with the last expansion Demons of the Past, however with some trickery you can also edit previous versions.
How?

I run on Gold Edition, and I cannot get it to pick up the game folder. It keeps wanting the Demons of the Past folder.
0z2y

Post by 0z2y »

vilnius wrote: Sat 2. Dec 2023, 22:43
How?

I run on Gold Edition, and I cannot get it to pick up the game folder. It keeps wanting the Demons of the Past folder.
I'll let the author reply better.
But from my experience, you must use the DotP path but then on the editor, you select the game you want to work on: base (SW), addon1 (DS), addon2 (FiD), addon3 (DotP)

An important thing to remember is that if you're making a mod or edit to use on SpellForce 2 Gold (SW & DS), you MUST avoid using assets from FiD and DotP.

That is my modest experience with the editor but I barely scratched the surfice of what it can do so for a better and more reliable reply, Bapt is the best one to reply.
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Hi !

The editor is meant to be used with DotP.
If you wish to make changes to Gold Edition, you can edit base and addon1 with the editor, compile and copy/paste the corresponding cff and AbilitiesParameter files into Gold Edition.

You can use assets from FiD and DotP in Gold Edition, for that you need to copy/paste the required resources files (dds, drs, xml, etc...) into Gold Edition.

I hope that I answered your question.

Happy modding !
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Update 1.7.4 :
  • Heroes skill points are now saved correctly ;
  • Fixed an issue where names and descriptions were unusable when duplicating a building or unit to the other category ;
  • Duplicating a building or unit to the other category will now load the duplicated entry ;
  • Now displays the current version of the editor ;
  • Fixed a typo in the file name (previously Spellforce instead of SpellForce).
Bapt890

Post by Bapt890 »

Version 1.8.0
  • You can now get a gamedata compatible with vanilla Shadow Wars. It will be located under Modded Files/legacy after compiling. It will contain all data from "base". This will also work with NeoX's stand alone editor.

Return to “SpellForce 2 - Editor & Modding”