SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Discuss about all topics which belong to the editor and the modding of SpellForce

Moderator: Forum_Manager

NeoX
Administrator

Re: SF Platinum Edition - (native) High Resolution Mod + Healthbar Fix

Post by NeoX »

Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 21:18
NeoX wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:59
Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:04

I am using Windows 11. As you can see in the attachments I have put in all I can see is desktop and games no other options. I may be missing something new to Windows 11. Also full admin permissions. Thanks for replying quickly.
Hi,

hm.. i smell like there was an update in the Background of Windows 11 that killed off .net 2.0 compatibility.
Here i have compiled for you a .net 4.8 based Setup with Windows 11 target. Works fine on my end (see attachment).

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Greetings: NeoX
Hey the same problem can still only see the same 2 folders.
Many thanks Iron Venom

Hi,

i think i found the issue! The setup and mod are working as intended, the issue is at your system the "OneDrive ".
Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 3ee9dffcdb

Solution:

Code: Select all

Thanks. OneDrive seems to be the culprit. The workaround is to stop syncing your Desktop folder with OneDrive.

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.

2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup

3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link for "Desktop"

4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.

Your analysis is correct. Turning off the sync of Desktop resolved the problem. I did not need desktop sync to OneDrive, and I had forgotten it was on.  I will note though that my OneDrive configuration has not changed for months so it is likely there is a very recent Windows software change that exposed this problem. It was not obvious to me that OneDrive configuration would have been a factor in this problem.
Please turn off your "OneDrive " backup for your Desktop. That seems to solve it.

SpellForce 2 - Master of War | SpellForce - Wiki & Info Hub
Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
http://www.sf2-mow.keepfree.de/
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.it_huskys.spellforce_hub_wiki
Iron Venom

Post by Iron Venom »

NeoX wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 21:50
Iron Venom wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 21:18
NeoX wrote: Thu 9. Mar 2023, 17:59

Hi,

hm.. i smell like there was an update in the Background of Windows 11 that killed off .net 2.0 compatibility.
Here i have compiled for you a .net 4.8 based Setup with Windows 11 target. Works fine on my end (see attachment).

Please let me know if the issue still exists.

Hey the same problem can still only see the same 2 folders.
Many thanks Iron Venom

Hi,

i think i found the issue! The setup and mod are working as intended, the issue is at your system the "OneDrive ".
Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 3ee9dffcdb

Solution:

Thanks. OneDrive seems to be the culprit. The workaround is to stop syncing your Desktop folder with OneDrive.

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.

2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup

3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link for "Desktop"

4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.

Your analysis is correct. Turning off the sync of Desktop resolved the problem. I did not need desktop sync to OneDrive, and I had forgotten it was on.  I will note though that my OneDrive configuration has not changed for months so it is likely there is a very recent Windows software change that exposed this problem. It was not obvious to me that OneDrive configuration would have been a factor in this problem.
Please turn off your "OneDrive " backup for your Desktop. That seems to solve it.

Thanks very much that seemed to be the problem thanks very much for all your help. Can also say that the game runs and seems to be working ok.Please keep improving on this glad to see this great game still running.
Biowaren

Post by Biowaren »

When i start the mod, this game wants a Serial-Key....I dont know the Key^^ I have this game on Steam
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Biowaren wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 12:02 When i start the mod, this game wants a Serial-Key....I dont know the Key^^ I have this game on Steam
Yeah steam did run out of keys, thats why they did this 1.61 version, just to remove the license key thing or the game would have been taken off the store. Thankfully they provided a mater key for everyone who wants to play on 1.54 again (the best and non buggy version).

here you go: viewtopic.php?t=110

Image Image
"SpellForce 2 - Master of War" is the legendary Card-Game of the SpellForce 2 Collectors Edition of 2006, now finally for PC and Android! Play against the NPC, another Player or Online. Over 100 different Cards out of 7 factions and more than 10 powerfull spells to support them. Many hours of tactical turn based gameplay await you.
- - -
"SpellForce - Fan Hub & Wiki" (for Android devices) is the official SpellForce fan hub app with wiki and forum integration made by the Fan Community. Get updated with the latest SpellForce news all around the game and its community. Look up knowlege in the wiki about lore and game guides. Exchange yourself with others on the fan forum. Made by the Community for the Community.
Biowaren

Post by Biowaren »

NeoX wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 12:06 hi,
Biowaren wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 12:02 When i start the mod, this game wants a Serial-Key....I dont know the Key^^ I have this game on Steam
Yeah steam did run out of keys, thats why they did this 1.61 version, just to remove the license key thing or the game would have been taken off the store. Thankfully they provided a mater key for everyone who wants to play on 1.54 again (the best and non buggy version).

Thanks it worked :D But the Resolution is now only 1280x1024x32. Can i get it higher and fullscreen maybe?^^

Greets Bio
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Biowaren wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 12:24
NeoX wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 12:06 hi,

Thanks it worked :D But the Resolution is now only 1280x1024x32. Can i get it higher and fullscreen maybe?^^

Greets Bio
When you start the Mod-Exe (via the shortcut on your Desktop) it does automaticly apply your native Desktop resolution to the game. This will not be displayed in the options of the game, because these numbers there are hardcoded but you can see that it has your native desktop resolution in visuals and format.

Have a 4K example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRXO-oZgxU8

Image Image
- - -
Biowaren

Post by Biowaren »

Ahhh okay :), I can still use some Steam Workshop mods? Like die XP-Buff?
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

hi,
Biowaren wrote: Fri 31. Mar 2023, 13:14 Ahhh okay :), I can still use some Steam Workshop mods? Like die XP-Buff?
well remember you are now on version 1.54, so you can still use mods next to it that are compatible with that version.
Here have some mods that are compatible with it:
viewtopic.php?t=61
viewtopic.php?t=108

Have fun!

Image Image
- - -
Biowaren

Post by Biowaren »

Hey, one more Question. I played the first Campaign now. But if i want to Tab out, the game Paused how can i Fix that? Bc if i want to get some XP, i want to watch some Videos^^ And Tab out, but then the Game Paused
NeoX
Administrator

Post by NeoX »

Hi,
Biowaren wrote: Sun 16. Apr 2023, 18:25 Hey, one more Question. I played the first Campaign now. But if i want to Tab out, the game Paused how can i Fix that? Bc if i want to get some XP, i want to watch some Videos^^ And Tab out, but then the Game Paused
You can not realy disable that, but you can use console commands to speed your game up and so have no need to let the game run for hours.
viewtopic.php?t=69

Image Image
- - -

Return to “SpellForce - Editor & Modding”